i have a problem with Pro tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a problem with Pro tools

i put in a new motherboard and processor because my friends old one couldnt handle protools. So we got a AMD 64 3700+ processor with gigabye mother board well i installed all the programs. but now when i go to open protools in just restarts the computer it wont even open the program can u tell me the problem i might be havfing

Re: i have a problem with Pro tools

When you upgraded the processor and motherboard, did you reinstall Windows? If not, then you probably have a whole slew of incompatible motherboard and device drivers in the old install that are causing problems.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

i reinstalled it but i saod keep old files on the computer

Comment

Back up important data and format the drive to zero out the MBR and FAT tables (MFT if you're using NTFS) and reinstall Windows fresh. While WinXP (assumingthis is what you're using) is a whole lot better than older products with regards to new hardware, when you change out the motherboard you rfeally need to install fresh so you can set up everything correctly.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

ok ill try it

Comment

it still not working i have a external hard drive hooked up to it also with backup files could that be messing it up

Comment

hi
              iam new here
              sry I have more question about protools, but now i hope if someone can help me
              1. some time when i open session in protools after loading the waves the protools shutdown , why???????
              2. how i can mix the rythehm like real song (i have YAMAHA 1000 )
              plz replay me
              thanx

Comment

Working...
              X