Kingmax Lifetime warranty is junk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingmax Lifetime warranty is junk.

Kingmax Lifetime warranty is junk. I purchased a DDR-300 256MB stick of memory at computer show several months ago and lost receipt before I had a machine to try it in. After about 2 weeks of dead sites and forms from Kingmax site that would be returned saying mailbox is full, I finally got through and man said send with a return mail box and he would check out. A couple days later he called said Kingmax could not honor warrenty as I had placed a heatsink on it. I thought they welcomed overclockers, guess not. So now I am down the cost of memory plus $12 in shipping charges. It was returned and I am stuck with a bad "Lifetime warranty" stick of ram. I have used Kingmax for several years just because of performance and warranty. I guess performance is still good but dont count on Kingmax to back up their warrenty statement. Has anyone else had this problem?

What type of HSF did you apply? Are you sure you didn't short it out? Memory just doesn't die.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

You've also got to take into consideration where a warranty can actually be claimed. Usually when something is modified by the customer (like changing fans / heatsinks) then the warranty will be void... as they don't know how or what you did, so if you broke it it's not their problem... and like Tweak said, memory doesn't just die like that.. There had to be some reason for it.

However, after saying that.. I'd like to thank the people at AMD for replacing my old Athlon after I cooked it.. Thanks fellas.. ;)

Comment

you should be thanking me for lying to amd for ya Beefy. :D

But i wish people would really understand what warranty is. It most likely says limited lifetime warranty.

Warranty does NOT cover the product being killed or damaged by you. warranty covers defects in products and workmanship. so if you used the product how it was meant to be used and not put the ramsinks on it and it dies then they would replace it. but since you cant prove it wasnt the ramsinks that killed it then they have voided your warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdkiller
          you should be thanking me for lying to amd for ya Beefy. :D
          I thought you told em the truth.. :confused:

Comment

not really, no. just told em the heatsink clips broke and fell off. i didnt tell em that yyou were tryin to over clock it and incorrectly installed the heatsink. if i did they would have told me to bugger off

Comment

oh, yeah.. well the fault was from the heat sink clip coming off.. .. :)

Comment

I've also had major problems with Kingmax memory - it seems like they spend all their money on marketing and not making quality products - you're much better off spending the money on Apacer or Crucial RAM than some overhyped lemon :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  I've also had major problems with Kingmax memory - it seems like they spend all their money on marketing and not making quality products - you're much better off spending the money on Apacer or Crucial RAM than some overhyped lemon :mad:
                  That's a pretty big generalisation...just because you've had problems with them doesn't mean they're crap and don't produce quality products....

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus

That's a pretty big generalisation...just because you've had problems with them doesn't mean they're crap and don't produce quality products....

Two dozen dud sticks is a pretty good indication... if that amount slipped through Q.A. then I would be having a hard look at who is in charge.

Comment

2 dozen dud sticks out of how many?
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                        2 dozen dud sticks out of how many?
                        probably like 100, 000 or something :D

Comment

I would love to post my findings and opinions here, but unfortunately I will have to speak with Mr. Tweak first to see if it's OK... :scream:
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I have had no problems with any Kingmax memory that has been supplied to me by kingmax or any that i have brought,

I have purchased PC133 from them ages ago and PC150. many sticks adn have not had one die on me that I didn't cause myself (overclocked one once and fried it beyond belief cause i shoved 5v intot he ram rather than 3.3)

As for the people that have had problems with their warranty, Tweak is right ram doesn't just die, you have to do something to it to kill it, and the warranty is not for slapping a ramsink on there and killing it, its for damage in shipping and for workmanship faults (DOA) if you tested the ram before you slaped the sink on you might have got an idea if it works or not. thats why you test b4 u mod, otherwise you will never know

Comment

Originally posted by Soverign
                              thats why you test b4 u mod, otherwise you will never know

I just thought I'd cut the most important bit out for those peeps (like me) that have a concentration span less than one paragraph
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                              X