Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGP card recomendation for AMD 1.4GHz system? (specs in message)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP card recomendation for AMD 1.4GHz system? (specs in message)

Last edited by MarkLC; 11-17-2005, 09:59 AM.

Re: AGP card recomendation for AMD 1.4GHz system? (specs in message)

I'd say try a Radeon 9550 or 9600. Anything better will probably be too tough on the PSU, and overkill for those games anyway. Hell, WC3 doesn't really need anything besides 32MB onboard.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 11-17-2005, 11:52 PM.

Comment

lol have the same CPU runs like crap and i got geforce 2 also a peice of crap

Comment

A 9600XT would be a very fast card for that system and you can even get the 9600XT All In Wonder that has a TV tuner and a FM tuner. Then you could have the TV out. They are getting cheap.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by Akuma
          lol have the same CPU runs like crap and i got geforce 2 also a peice of crap
          Funny, my 1GHz Athlon (significantly worse than a 1.4GHz Athlon XP) runs BF2 (and, obviously, everything else) just fine with its 9600XT. Your GeForce 2 is obviously going to limit you in any games, so what makes you say the CPU "runs like crap" ?

Comment

every thing runs slow like opening files even after fresh formating
            i donno my computer old maby my power supply is too small the pc orignally had a 866mhz intel and the way the case is set up every thing heat up fast

btw i got 160 3dmark03
            Last edited by Akuma; 11-18-2005, 12:08 AM.

Comment

every thing runs slow like opening files even after fresh formating
              That's hard drive and/or RAM.
              btw i got 160 3dmark03
              That's because 3DMark uses almost entirely the GPU. A GeForce 2 is not a useful card any relatively modern gaming, so you should expect to get a low score.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                That's hard drive and/or RAM.

That's because 3DMark uses almost entirely the GPU. A GeForce 2 is not a useful card any relatively modern gaming, so you should expect to get a low score.
                is it bad if when i touch the hard drive it burns my finger ?

Comment

Sure, it's hurts your finger doesn't it?
                  In all seriousness, I doubt you have hard drive heat problems. I meant that your hard drive was just too slow. My 1GHz Athlon system uses an 80GB 7200RPM and 512MB of RAM, which is why it feel so responsive and performs everything acceptably.

Comment

well i got a 27gb donno the rpm and 384mb ram

Comment

There's your problem. You could use more RAM and the hard drive is probably slow (and it could always be heavily fragmented, too).

Comment

Working...
                      X