Tt Lan May 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tt Lan May 2002

I have been granted permission to "spill the beans" about the up and coming TweakTown LAN

The TT LAN will be held in Melbourne on the 11/12th May, yes, thats not too far away I know.

it will be catering for anywhere between 100-250 people.

Organisation is in full swing, and so far it is being sponsored by DFI and Intel, with Admins of Shafted lending a helping hand.

We are hoping to hold it at La Trobe Bundoora, but these details are still to be confirmed.

This is a general post to see interest if there is any, but also to check on you rural Australian TT'ers that may be prohibited by travel problems, we havent forgot you :)

We would like to organise a Bus (or several buses) that'll pick up a lot of the not-so-close-to-melbourne people (ie. rural VIC, SA, NSW. First we will need to establish an interest in this before any further information can be compiled...

This Goes for you fellow Warrnambool ppl, post your interest here and also of anyone you know is interested..

The bus idea is open to suggestion, and so if you know someone that can drive a bus - or you can yourself, let us know...

any other stuff I have forgotten for sure...drill away at either myself, Tweak, or this thread.

ANYONE that is interested, post here.

You can email me with any queries for more prompt replies: [email protected]

Got a bus picking anybody up in Texas? :p
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Sov (Cam Johnson) and I will also be flying down from Sydney for the LAN and will be bunking over at Tweak's house. So if you want to discuss any tech matters, that will be the time! I'm sure you know what we all look like by now due to our pictures being plastered all over the page :)

Comment

Hmmm... could be a plan... Bussing people and PC's though. . that's an interesting idea..

Skullshot, let me know if you still want a hand with the admin side of things. I dunno what I'm doing yet.. I get my ass handed back to me enough at local LANs.. a big one is just gonna rub it in more.. :) So I might consider making an effort if i'm needed.. :D

Comment

Just a couple extra things to add to what Skullshot already said:

- We will have capacity for around 240 (more if needed) people using 10x 24 port switches thanks to Intel.

- The LAN will be based around the launch of the Intel 845G chipset, we will have an exclusive test system setup for everyone to see and use at their pleasure.

- As for catering, I just want to let everyone know it will probably just be a good old fashioned BBQ, but we all love 'em anyway!

- We'll have endless amounts of competitions, we are hoping at least everyone walks away with one prize to take home.

- There probably won't be an entry free, although we are thinking about rasing some money for a charity, please express your opinion about paying a $10 entry fee where all funds will go to a chosen charity.

- Please suggest game servers you'd like to be setup for your use and anything else you wish to suggest.

:)
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Will you be suppling a boat or plaens for tasmanians?
            I know all of them are lame but I was born on the mainland cant you find some way of getting me over :) please?

Comment

Additionally, resellers around Victoria are presently being invited to the event (who will be trading) and are being encouraged to offer special discounted rates for the LAN. If you are a reseller and are interested in attending, please email me at [email protected]
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY
                Will you be suppling a boat or plaens for tasmanians?
                I know all of them are lame but I was born on the mainland cant you find some way of getting me over :) please?
                Sorry, our budget isn't *that* big... :)
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                  Just a couple extra things to add to what Skullshot already said:

- The LAN will be based around the launch of the Intel 845G chipset, we will have an exclusive test system setup for everyone to see and use at their pleasure.
                  So there's gonna be 100-250 of these machines? If everyone can use at their pleasure, then EVERYONE will want one all the time.. :D

- We'll have endless amounts of competitions, we are hoping at least everyone walks away with one prize to take home.

So there's gonna be wooden spoon prizes for me? excellent..... :D

- Please suggest game servers you'd like to be setup for your use and anything else you wish to suggest.

All the typical servers would be nice (CS, DOD, Q3, MoH, RtCW etc etc...).. wouldn't mind seeing a Renegade one... Jedi Knight II could be a good option...

Is there gonna be anything else 'fancy'? For example at MorB II there was that cool little car seat thing and projector.. we gonna see anything else like that?

Comment

There is gonna be one i845G setup.

Comment

Yeah, I know.. I was being smart.. :rolleyes2

Comment

As for the fancy stuff, we'll work on it!
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I'll be there! :)

Comment

*sniff*
                            i really wanna go but:
                            a) mum + dad probably won't let me go
                            b) there is a lan very very near by, on on the 11th
                            c) knowing school, i'll probably have an assesment/assignment due that week or something :( :cry: :cry:
                            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Do i have to bring my Pc ?? and Monitor ?? :?:

Comment

Working...
                              X