Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory

:bounce:

Good-day people, Im in the process of building my first pc, so far i have an epox 4bda2+ motherboard, pioneer 16x dvd, geforce 3 ti200 graphics. I am looking to go for a p4 2gig processor when i can afford one. My question is in regards to what memory to get. Is pc3200 ram backward compatible with the previous speeds of ram, for example, will 400mhz ddr ram run in a system pushing out say a 133mhz fsb. I am asking this because i hope to try my hand at OCing later on and want to purchase ram now to accomodate this. Also which brand do you recommend and where is the best place to get it, I have heard OCZ is good but i cant find anyone who supplies it here in adelaide. Thankyou

Yes, your memory would be backward compatible. The only thing that the DDR rating tells you is the maximum speed that the module is guaranteed to run at. It will run just fine at slower speeds.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

if you are getting new ddr ram.get winbond....300$ for 512mb pc2700 stick and can often run up to pc3200 without any problmes

Comment

Working...
      X