Brag: Celery 900@lazy 1113Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brag: Celery 900@lazy 1113Mhz

Hey folks, since I pop my head in these forums every now and again, (I could say I'm a regular, but I lurk more than I post... heh) I wish to let you all know of my hugely overdue upgrade! I've been running Cel800, then dropped to 600E, then PIII 550E - yeah, taking backward steps...

But anyhow, today I picked up a Cel900 cD0 stepping (SL5MQ) from Umart ($130 for anyone interested). Popped it into my system, cliped on the ThermoEngine (7000RPM) and fired it up straight away at 124Mhz FSB. Default 1.75V, runs like a charm. After I enjoy this speed for a while, maybe I'll try for a more aggressive overclock. Meanwhile... life is sweet in the gigahertz club. :D Long time coming, but here I am.

Most I've managed is around 920 for my past Celeron 800.

Has anyone else bought a Pentium lately? (I know we're a rare breed - everyone's onto AMDs these days) The std HSF that came with my chip is massive! All the other Intel HSFs I had were puny little units, this one has a big 60mm fan! The sink itself looks as tho it might pose clearance problems with capacitors around S-370 boards (I'm using slocket).

Hmm... might cut up this sink and make me a few Ramsinks for my vid card.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

That's good to hear. :thumb:
    Shame I'm still sittin' at the half gig club. :(
    But the 1.2 athy is beside me and vacant. atm ;)

Comment

Good one Onyx :thumb:

My friend has a Celeron 900 as well (not sure of the stepping), but has it running at 133x9 no problems at all (at default voltage). He's using an ASUS CUSL-2 board, with 512MB Apacer CAS-2 PC-133 SDRAM. It's a really nice little system

And yes Intel have been bundling rather large heatsinks lately - my 1GHz Pentium III had the same problem, the heatsink was so large it wouldn't fit on my AOpen AX37 Plus motherboard - the capacitors got in the way. My 1.7GHz Pentium 4 came with a MASSIVE heatsink as well :D

Good to hear the Intel freaks are still getting good overclocks ;)
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I've had a gawk at overclockers.com CPU database and it does seem like a number of people manage 1200 without too much difficulties (that's 133FSB). However beyond that required serious voltage bumps and fairly extreme cooling gear. I don't like the idea of 2.0V+ on a coppermine chip, and I don't have anything more than air cooling.

I'll try for 1.2Ghz later, in the meantime my system hasn't been shut down yet. I've been 'burning it in' since I got it out of the box and first fired it up. Running Dnet's RC5 100% CPU load for going on 36hours now. Until Windows crash and I have to reboot, I ain't switching off just yet. Fingers crossed :)
        Onyx

TweakTown
        CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

Obligatory Sandra 'shots.
          Onyx

TweakTown
          CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

Sandra 2nd
            Onyx

TweakTown
            CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

Really fast for a celly!

Comment

nothing like warm celery

and celery that go's like buggery!!!

damn that is a fast celry
                TT Original

Comment

my c733 does 1100mhz... now THAT is nice... but at 70degrees full load at 1.95v with a WBK38 and AS2 im a little to scared; suffice to say its now running at 916 at full load 45ish stock voltage and with a 32cfm ystech on the WBK HS
                  SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                  Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Water cooling maybe SileNceR??? Might be your next shot (if you can afford it that is) ;)

Comment

Water cool a cel? What a waste! ;) Better to spend the $$$ on a P4 or something.
                      Onyx

TweakTown
                      CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

nah next shot is gonna be an 8kha+, 768mb DDR ram and hopefully an AthlonXP 2000+
                        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Sometime in January that CPU is rumoured to hit the stores. ;)
                          <center></center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                            Sometime in January that CPU is rumoured to hit the stores. ;)
                            <center></center>

A little birdy *cough* supplier *cough* just told me that they are filtering through the high end of the distribution channel - making allowances for the Christmas/New Year holdup then yes you should see them in January :)

Comment

Next time the bird chirps, see if it'll tell you if/when the next gen of Celerons are comin' - ones based on the P4 core. :)
                              Onyx

TweakTown
                              CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X