Creative Fatal1ty Xfi and 60 minutes interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Fatal1ty Xfi and 60 minutes interview

I was thinking about getting the Creative Fatal1ty Xfi sound card. Anyone know anything about it? I guess the gamer who made it I going to be on 60 minutes on Sunday ha the 22<SUP>nd</SUP>

The link: http://www.xfxforce.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3004&tstart=0

ANy suggestions on cards?

Re: Creative Fatal1ty Xfi and 60 minutes interview

I would never buy those overpriced products branded like that. Sure it is a nice card, but who needs the front panel, and it is just plain far too overpriced. Am Audigy 2 ZS will keep up to it and also cost 1/4 the $$$$.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by AHMFICA
      I guess the gamer who made it I going to be on 60 minutes on Sunday ha the 22<SUP>nd</SUP>?
      Fatal1ty didn't make anything. In fact, I've seen no evidence that he knows anything or has any interest in computer hardware. The fact that he has two motherboards named after him that no one in their right mind would recommend would seem to prove he indeed knows nothing about hardware.

As for the card itself, you're mostly just paying for the front panel and crap. There's some quality improvement from the X-Fi, but it's all so overpriced that I just can't recommend it.

Comment

While I agree that the prices of the items bearing his handle are generally overpriced, I don't think you can make a blanket statement that he knows nothing about hardware. Companies are paying Fatal1ty huge sums of money just to use his handle in their product line. Being the #1 FPS gamer has come a long way from what it used to mean. Hell, if somebody was gonna pay me thousands or millions just to use your name on the product, would you really care about how good it actually performed?
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          While I agree that the prices of the items bearing his handle are generally overpriced, I don't think you can make a blanket statement that he knows nothing about hardware.
          I clearly can, seeing as I just did.

But really, I can say that having his name on a product does not make it good because he has some sort of engineering skill. It's like a pair of Jordan shoes. We really have no idea if he knows anything about computer hardware, but I'd imagine he knows about as much as Michael Jordon knows about making shoes.

Comment

I will try very hard not to come back with a comment with as smart-assed a content as yours and just take note that you didn't answer the last question.

Oh... and while we both may fit into a category of enthusiasts, I kinda doubt that you or I could have an abundance of knowledge on making computer components.
            My Toys

Comment

I will try very hard not to come back with a comment with as smart-assed a content as yours
              It would be very immature for your comment to be as smart-assed as mine. I have age to excuse my immaturity. Actually, I really don't at this point...

Originally posted by Darthanion
              Oh... and while we both may fit into a category of enthusiasts, I kinda doubt that you or I could have an abundance of knowledge on making computer components.
              You're right, and for all we know Fatal1ty doesn't even fit into the catagory of enthusiast.

and just take note that you didn't answer the last question.
              Sorry
              Hell, if somebody was gonna pay me thousands or millions just to use your name on the product, would you really care about how good it actually performed?
              Hell no I wouldn't care, unless I already had millions of dollars and could easily live without any more products named after me. I totally agree with this point though.

Comment

The argument that "if I had enough already..." doesn't wash. From my experience, those who have plenty are always searching for more. Human nature I guess, but its the truth in most folks who are of means. With the gaming craze hitting it big the past few years, I imagine that Fatal1ty has more than enough to make it for the rest of his life... so of course he will be looking for more.
                My Toys

Comment

The argument that "if I had enough already..." doesn't wash. From my experience, those who have plenty are always searching for more. Human nature I guess, but its the truth in most folks who are of means. With the gaming craze hitting it big the past few years, I imagine that Fatal1ty has more than enough to make it for the rest of his life... so of course he will be looking for more.
                  That wasn't argument; that's the truth. I agree that it doesn't work, which is why I'm not claiming it as an argument. That's just me. I totally agree with the point you're making.

Comment

Jesus people, I was just asking. he is partnered with these companies btw, and not endorsed so this is all bs. The card is supposedly very good nso I will get it, gamer or not. Money is not a thing for me, so that must mean I want more. The guy did not make the card, however he worked with Creative to make a card best for gaming, either by suggestion or not. I dont relaly give a shiza which. I did some minimal research juct because of the good advices on this forum to see this.

And the 60 mintues ahow was very good. Hopefully others can make money playing gaming as a profession. Very interesting and the guy seem ed very unlike what people say. Bye

Comment

I just kinda don't like how the guy is really just doing it all "for the money."
                      But then again nowadays, who the hell isn't?

Comment

The ONLY differences between the Fata1ty and the Platinum is the Fata1ty has 64 megs onboard and a gay Fata1ty LED. Is it worth the ~$100 more...IMO HECK no! It has the same audio specs that the basic X-fi has, the only board that uses different hardware is the elite pro, all the others will have the exact same sound quality. The 64 megs of RAM is supposed to help gaming performance, it would be an interesting benchmark comparison if one was made.
                        Last edited by matm347; 02-17-2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

got the xtreme music version and wouldnt let pc boot,have abit av8 3 eye mobo,tryed everything and also rang creative,still no go,put back audigy 2 and all ok again,would the plat or fatali1ly be same music version,would i ahve same probs ?????

Comment

Originally posted by matm347
                            The ONLY differences between the Fata1ty and the Platinum is the Fata1ty has 64 megs onboard and a gay Fata1ty LED. Is it worth the ~$100 more...IMO HECK no! It has the same audio specs that the basic X-fi has, the only board that uses different hardware is the elite pro, all the others will have the exact same sound quality. The 64 megs of RAM is supposed to help gaming performance, it would be an interesting benchmark comparison if one was made.
                            The onboard memory will work as a kind of buffer wayyyyy in the future it might become some use, but now, its useless!

Comment

Originally posted by kelticknight
                              got the xtreme music version and wouldnt let pc boot,have abit av8 3 eye mobo,tryed everything and also rang creative,still no go,put back audigy 2 and all ok again,would the plat or fatali1ly be same music version,would i ahve same probs ?????
                              maybe update your drivers/ BIOS?

Comment

Working...
                              X