Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny A360+ Will not boot up

Tiny A360+ running Win XP.
    Turn it on and it reached XP loading screen then continued indefinately on it.
    I have tried putting a Win 98 floppy boot disk in but it doesn't see it.
    Now if I click for safe mode before XP loading screen, it holds on the list of items. I have left it running and after about ten minutes it turned itself off.
    Now when I turn it on, I can hear the fan running but the screen remains blank
    After about 5 minutes the fan has turned off though I can hear the hard drive running
    Any suggestions will be appreciated
    Regards
    Keith

Re: Tiny A360+ Will not boot up

With any luck, you have dutifully backed up any vital data because it looks like some of the core files within Windows are fragged somehow. You might try booting from a WinXP CD disk and see if you can repair the OS, or you could reinstall Windows on top of the current version, but this will lose any program settings for many software apps and also lose any updates you have done via the Windows Update website. It basically forces an overwrite of the system files and can often create a lot of problems, but may let you get the system alive long enough to get any data you need (assuming the first sentence didn't apply to you).

As to the floppy drive, is it seen by the OS or is the drive not visible either? This will help you figure out whether a disk is bad or if the floppy drive may have died on you.

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Thanks for replying
      I'm not bothered about retreaving info off the drive, way past that now
      Checked the 3.6v battery, reads good, left it out for a while.
      Tried two other hard drives, tried windows 98 floppy, tried windows XP disk, it spins but nothing.
      All I get is the fan and hard drive spinning and a blank screen.
      tried pressing F2, F5, F8, and F12 on start up but nothing, just the blank screen

Comment

Well I have made some progress. Changed the ram and the screen is back on. Could say back to square one
        Gone into BIOS, reads version 1.0C-0016-0713
        Downloaded Win 98 boot floppy, start up and it says remove media and press key.
        Tried XP disk, it tried to load then said not enough memory, possibly because it was trying to double it up ??
        Tried "Ultimate Boot CD" went through everything but did not come with anything. It ran McAffee and AVG (2003) which didn't come up with anything, probably too old.
        Still wont load XP or Safe Mode

Comment

Guess what, it works.
          Changed the memory and the screen came back. Added extra memory, loaded Xp and clicked on repair and it is fine
          ( anyone want to buy a Tiny A360+ laptop )
          Thanks for help
          Keith

Comment

Do not fear a person's title or area of responsibility. Remember, you are both people. Leaders you can not hinder the decision-making superiority. Earn respect by the sale or Buy WOW Gold discussion on personal and business goals, not just your product or service. An entrepreneurial leader takes the WOW Gold and knowledge of other team members into account. Curious and open to WOW Gold sale' opinions is a sign of respect. It comforts the people and assured them that they make a positive contribution. Never speak negatively about your RuneScape Gold Power Level experiences, you'll just throw questions about your ability to do the job.

Comment

Working...
            X