BF2 Expansion Install Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Expansion Install Problems

I bought the BF2 special forces expansion, but the first install disk has a burn mark on it. This prevents my computer from reading the disk. I tried to return it to the store but they said they couldn't exchange it. I tried to copy all the files from the disk to my hard drive and the only file that can't be copied is the patch file (v1.1). Even if I patch the orignal game to 1.2 the install still wants to run the 1.1 patch. I tried replacing it with the v1.1 patch i downloaded but it didn't work. They are different files sizes. I also tried replacing it with a dummy file with the same name but it didn't work either. By the way i think that v1.03 patch is the same as v1.1. Any suggestions.

Re: BF2 Expansion Install Problems

Contact EA Games for a replacement disk if it was faulty at the time of purchase.

The vendor should also accept a return if the disk was "burnt" at the time of purchase as it was sold in a non 'fit for purpose" state.

Faulty goods = return for replacement or refund.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

What vendor was it?

If push comes to shove, just download a copy of the game and use your CD key. As long as the CD key is legit, it won't matter if the copy is downloaded. You'll have to run the game off the image as Punkbuster will detect any no-CD cracks, but that beats buying it a second time.

Comment

I downloaded the game and got it working. It is able to use the real cd so i dont need to run it off the image. I bought it from a local games store (not a big chain place). They said they couldn't exchange it because i already had the cd key. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X