Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good mobo

Hi everyone,
    Im thinking of building a new system and im planning to get AMD xp 2100+ . I just wondering wat is a decent mobo for this chipset and price range is $150 or less that support ddr ram anywhere between pc2100 to pc2700
    Thanks

What nationality currency are we talking here?

If it's US Dollars, then you have a whole field of choices. Just get something that operates on the KT333 chipset and has the options that you're looking for onboard.

If we're talking Australian Dollars, then you're going to be looking at something a bit more "low-end".
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Well my personal fav is the MSI K7T266 Pro 2-RU,great board,never fails,and looks nice as well!!

Comment

I've got the same board as above, but minus the RAID.. and I agree. It's a good little board.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          What nationality currency are we talking here?

If it's US Dollars, then you have a whole field of choices. Just get something that operates on the KT333 chipset and has the options that you're looking for onboard.

If we're talking Australian Dollars, then you're going to be looking at something a bit more "low-end".
          Way to dis the aussie dollah :(

hmm, i guess we kinda deserve it. I mean, we did vote our stupid PM in....

Comment

I wasn't trying to play down your currency, but was pointing out the fact that with conversion rates as they are, the choices would be much more limited if we were talking Oz bucks. Last I checked, the Australian dollar was worth in the vicinity of US$0.50 or so.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Yeah I know. Wasnt having a go at you. Just annoyed that because of our dollar, we get to only look at 'low-end' stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                I wasn't trying to play down your currency, but was pointing out the fact that with conversion rates as they are, the choices would be much more limited if we were talking Oz bucks.
                That's an understatement. can we actually get motherboards for $150 AUS or less?!?

Comment

yup, only just though, and they are usually the microatx boards, only usefull for clay traget shooting.

Comment

well, grab a couple.. we'll put them in the vid.

Comment

that reminds me, the boss wants the junk pile cleared. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                        well, grab a couple.. we'll put them in the vid.
                        HURRY UP WITH THE VID :p
                        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

if you are buying a new mobo i suggest the asus A7V333.....apart from the fact that it's kt333...it also allows vcore adjustments up to 2.2volts....then again so does the epox kt333..epox's are beauties...the onli problem is if u need warranty....epox have poor customer support...my frend had to have one replaced and he waited about 5 weeks

btw andy are you the same andy in YaKuZa CS clan?:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                            btw andy are you the same andy in YaKuZa CS clan?:afro:
                            yes indeedy i am :)
                            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

kool:afro: :afro: :afro:
                              btw i'm kabbage's frend

Comment

Working...
                              X