PDA

View Full Version : Flashing M/B Bios

iviuz
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I got a asus a8n-sli m/b, i got the latest bios file for it but i cant find the program awdflash.exe, any advice would be helpfull thx.

Darthtanion
02-17-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't generally run Asus boards, but all of the BIOS files that I have gotten from other manufactures either have a link to the flash file on the BIOS download page, or it comes included in the .zip file that includes the BIOS update.

BURTON88
02-17-2006, 11:15 PM
just go to asus and dl the file theyhaveto have it. then load it on a disk reboot andhave it istall it self never reboot when in biosand its doing whatsits doing it will erase your bios and then ur screwed. It happenedto me and i had to buy a newbios for my asus.

ANZAC_ELITE
02-18-2006, 04:28 AM
You should have got Asus Live Update on your m/board drivers disk, it allows flashing from within windows, very easy to use, if it is not on your disk you can download it from the Asus site, under your m/board specs page where you found the bios but under the Utilities tab, make sure you get the latest version (the read me on the bios d/load page may tell the version number) Make sure you get Live Update, not the other one.

EDIT: I just checked your board specs on the Asus site and it says Live Update is on the m/board drivers disk, it should be under the utilities tab when the disk auto runs

Specs page (http://au.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=382&l1=3&l2=15&l3=148) scroll down to support CD