• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Heatsinks

Hi all,

Do the Memory Heatsink's work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...m=2014719716_4

I am thinking of buying 4 of them for my system. Are they really that good for overclocking?

Thanks,
    Mark

:cheers:

Does anyone know about the heatsinks for memory?

:p

Comment

They look good and add colour but from all the reviews on them have showed very little value. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you. I thought as much.

Comment

I just bought a book called, 'Ugrading and repairing PC's' 13th edition. ANd its great, tells ya everything about computers. The fella that wrote the book says memory heatsinks do absolultley nottin!

Comment

thermaltake make ram sinks....they look sexy but don't really do anything for your overlcoking...only if you are trying to do 160mhz fsb+ with pc2100....and u need good ram like crucial or kingmax etc to do that anyway:afro:

dun u just love these kool afros?

Comment

The only time I have ever noticed ram creating a significant amount of its own heat is during extreme overclocking. Even then it is still not to hot to touch, and so yea memory heat sinks are just gimmics for glitz, kind of like rounded cables and drive rails. Neat in theory, just lacking in actual performance.

Comment

No worries. I am not going to be buying them. They do look pretty for some case mods. I don't know...

Comment

genarally u onli need ramsinks if you are increasing your ram ddr ram voltage above 2.9 volts....u mite get away with this running stable without them but rest assured your ram is gonna be toast in a few months:afro:

Comment

Working...
                  X