Linux Redhat 7.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Redhat 7.1

I downloaded Redhat version 7.1 disk one from WirePlay and it was in the form of an ISO. I used IsoBuster to decompress the files and then I burnt them straight to my RW CD for testing. I remember installing Redhat 7.1 in class a while back and I swear it was self bootable. but the one I burnt today I can't get it to work.

It doesn't self boot (I probably have to burn it as a bootable cd with Nero but don't know how)
    I thought there was an install.exe but there's not when I'm in DOS.

I bascially need help with starting up the install procudure for Linux Redhat 7.1 and how to make bootable CD's using Nero I guess as that is where my problem is I'm sure.........

Thanx in advance guys.....

dump redhat, and go to the bsd family, way more stable and developed, and way more secure. bsd is a great open source choice as its written by thousands of ppl, and decisions are made about the coding by a board of directors. linux is becoming windows, if you cant already tell. sure its free to download, but not many ppl can actually d/l a whole os. ive run these others before and love em, they feature the KDE desktop, and Gnome, and can run 98% of linux/unix/hp-ux/sun-os/vms binaries.

FreeBSD is an operating system used to power modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms.

openbsd is prolly the most secure operating system on the planet, and its FREE!! (and you can install over the net!)

free bsd is a good one too.
    best of luck to ya, cheers!!:wave:
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

Comment

ya problem is that u decompressed tha damn image, the iso is an IMAGE of the bootable cd, if u take the files out of the iso and burn them, its just like drag/drop'n a bootable copy of win2k or somefin, it don't work like that....u have to burn the CD with a burn prog that can handle iso

Comment

Working...
      X