Mystery thing in my case...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery thing in my case...

there is some "thing" hooked to the bottom of my case, it kinda looks like a ripped out speaker. it has red and black wires, that come out of it. the thing i was wondering about is, its magnetic. i was going to unscrew something close to it, and my screwdriver stuck to the ring around it(no im not using a magnetic screwdriver). is this thing supposed to be magnetic, and what the heck is it for?

Sounds like a PC speaker to me.. :) Some cases mount these on the base now, so they can put air flow holes in the front panel where the speaker used to sit..

Comment

but why is it magnetic, isnt that bad for computer parts?

Comment

That's how the average speaker works. Through magnetism. PC speakers have never interfered with computers before, so it's ok.. :)

Comment

magnetism aint that bad for pcs. hard drives have some of the most powerfull magnets in em that i've ever played with

Comment

Magnets can be bad, just don't go wiping thigs over it at point blank range and you should be fine.
            The bigger the speaker the bigger the magnet.
            also the magnets in HD's are carefully cauclated where they are placed and how the magnetic field react so do go over careless with your components they can still be affected, just as an example get a crappy floppy and run a magnet over it then test it.

Comment

yeah they are only 2 things that get affected. hdds are fairly well insulated although it wouldnt be good to tempt fate around em. but seriously who uses flopy disks anymore when blank cdroms are just as cheap?

Comment

:o i had no idea.

Comment

I ripped apart a 2 Gb HD and the magnets sure were strong. hehehe

Comment

go to www.dansdata.com and look for his article about magnets, they are the type which are in hard drives

Comment

Hey Flash,

Did you get your case from E-bay? With the 15 holes for your fans? j/k...

Comment

yeah, last thursday-its a beast.

Comment

Working...
                        X