This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I Can't Get Rid Of Msn Messenger

Hi i'm new on this forum, so appologise if i post this on wrong bit. What i want to know is how the heck can i get rid of the msn icon in my system tray. It don't show up in my ad/remove programmes. I run windows ME.

Re: Help I Can't Get Rid Of Msn Messenger

If all you are wanting to do is remove it from system tray then open MSN, go to "tools", then "options", then click on "general" and uncheck "automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows". I usually also uncheck the "allow automatic signin when connected to the internet".

These steps usually stop MSN from starting with Windows. If you want to eliminate MSN entirely then someone else will have to assist you.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

So now that you got Messenger fixed up, what's your DC prob?

Comment

Right click on it, click exit.

Comment

Working...
        X