Soltek SL DRV-4 + Athlon XP 1700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soltek SL DRV-4 + Athlon XP 1700

Ok my m8 has just bought this mobo n CPU, and he wants me to overclock it...:( I was reading the tomshardware guide to unlocking ur XP and it seemed kinda daunting, whos unlocked their Athlon XP? Did all go well? And also does ne one else have a Soltek sl drv 4, i wud be interested to know what they get outta their Athlon XP.

Shepps :thumb:

Though I don't have that particular motherboard, I HAVE unlocked my Athlon XP and it is not at all difficult if you don't mind using a kit. To see what I'm talking about, just check out the review of the HighSpeed PC Athlon XP Unlocking Kit. It was pretty simple, and the kit only costs like US$12, so is cheap too.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

You get better results from FSB overclocking anyway ....the only reason i'd unlock an XP is to lower the multiplier to make way for a higher FSB. :D

Comment

Exactly, so get your stuff together and unlock the little bugger. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Well i didn't unlock it in the end, looked to fidley lol. But i did over clock it using the soltek's redstorm thingy and now the Athlon XP 1700 is a 1900 :D :D

Comment

Actually I done it the other day using some nail polish remover (to clean the pits), some clear nail polish (to fill the pits) and some Silver Conductive Varnish applied with a pin which cost all up $10aus from Jaycar and the nail stuff courtesy of the missus (but don't tell her that ;) )
            I got that 1800+ runnin' at 2000+ (12x140=1680) @ 1.85v on a 8KHA+ and it worked 1st go. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

have you reached your O/c limit on that cpu yet wiggo? i'd b quite interested in the kind of results ppl can get with xp1800

Comment

No but sorry to say I don't own it but there was still a bit left to go but I don't take others PC's to far even if they do tell me to "Overclock the crap out of it". It's still runnin' strong at that setting though and he's very happy with it.. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                X