Audigy worth the upgrade from Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy worth the upgrade from Live!

I have heard a few goods things about the Audigy cards and was wondering if the Audigy will give a noticable difference compared to the Live cards?

This would depend on the speakers your using. If you have a good set of 5.1 speakers then i think the answer wud be yes, you probally would notice a difference, if you are using crappy 'multimedia' speakers then i doubt u cud tell the difference.

Comment

would you know anything about the Creative 5.1 speakers?

Comment

I dont have a set my self, but i know ppl with them, and there gr8. the Inspire 5300 seem pretty good value to me.

Comment

If you want top quality speakers, then take a look at the Klipsch models. They come in 2.1 and 5.1 varieties and are totally awesome.

hbidad,
          Please check the coding on your signature. It's rather long. ;)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

lol, Yes darth....I see that but I wanted to leave up cause I of another post I left asking for help!

About the speakers...I already have the Creative 5.1 speakers.....which I never mentioned.....

Comment

Is audigy worth it?? No.

Maybe if you are an insane audio geek, then maybe it is worth it. For you to be that insane of an audio geek though, you would upgrade your speakers to klipsch's tomorrow and not bat an eye...

And if I was getting one, I would definatly get the external version.

Comment

If you have a Live! now then there is not too much in it for you, but saying that I know ppl who have mad the upgrade and notice the difference. The speakers you use will make the card, I use Yamaha TSS-1's (you can get them for under A$500) and they are really good for a "cheap" 5.1 setup.

Comment

I know ppl who have mad the upgrade and notice the difference.
                  While I am sure there is SOME but VERY LITTLE performance increase, anyone who has ever been to a few loud concerts without earplugs sure as hell won't notice the difference.

It is human nature to convince yourself of an increase in performance after spending alot, simply because few are willing to expose the fact that they were wrong in wasting so much money.

Comment

I don't think it would be worth it, there is alot of uneeded junk on the Audigy that is just not a necessity for a freakin sound card. Firewire? No that's just not a sound card option in my opinion, but having that doesn't affect sound quality. In fact I read some where that with all the other companies like cough:cough:NVIDIA:cough:cough with there stupid geforce 4's and in a few months geforce 5......I heard that the audigy is actually a super twead EMU10K1....anyone else heard that or am I way off?

Comment

I would think audigy is a solution for musicians who need the midi connectivity and i/o versatility that goes beyond ordinary sound cards, without forking out the big ones for high-end pro stuff. for gamers and designers, etc, you would definitely need to be an audiophile to upgrade from a sblive card. apparently extigy offers similar options for less.

Comment

I'd personally go for the Audigy over the Extigy for a couple reasons:

1. Firewire. I do a little bit of video editing, so having the firewire port there would save me heaps of time. Also, at work there's a firewire external HDD, which could be handy for transfering stuff to / from work.

2. Advanced EAX thingy. Better environmental sounds.. Nicer merging of effects. Lots of fun.

3. Don't need external if it's only gonna be on 1 PC...

Comment

Or even more useful - firewire networking. Mmmmmm.......400Mbps.

Comment

Comment

I'm sorry but i'm affraid you're wrong there zzilva, :no:
                              the new adigy cards are all based on the also new
                              processing unit called EMU10k2 : peace2:-bro

Comment

Working...
                              X