LCD Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Displays

Ne one got one, im talkin about 2x20 or 4x40 displays. Wonderin if its easier to buy one prewired, or just get the LCD and use a wiring quide....

what the price differnence between a do-it-yourself and a pre-done one ???

Comment

I've just been recently looking at LCD displays, all that I've found have looked like I'd have to do custom coding on them. Also they are all RS232 based. Any pre-configured options out there?

Comment

IMO get the lcd and wire it up your self, if your soldring skills are good enuff, if not, buy a pre made one, it will save some of the headaches
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

To any of you aspiring electrical/computer engineers...

You know those LED message scrollers that are used to post scrolling messages? Figure out a way to connect one to a computer serial port permanently and then write a winamp plugin to output current id3 tags of whatever is being played at the moment and have it start scrolling in the LED banner.

Haha, I'd buy ...

Comment

it's been done. I saw one somewhere. Was a fancy blue screen LCD too. :)

Comment

There are 2 ways i have seen this done before. They are both connected through a parallel cable and can get power from the motherboard or USB.

This one is Great! and costs about A$25-
              Overclockers.com version(GREAT!)

The other is about 40 British pounds?-
              English version This one is alright.

Both sites have infomation on programs to program the LCD to show the processor temp. speed and if ya have new e-mails. News headlines and other things.
              I HATE AFRO's= :shoot3: :afro: :shoot2:

I eat these all the time-

Comment

Working...
              X