its the simple things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its the simple things

Its the simple things that can really bother people.....I like all my windows maximized and for some reason today all my windows except for IE is not maximized its real small so when I maximize it I thought it was supposed to to hold that setting....apparently not....I thought by clicking apply to all folders would do the trick but apparently that's not soo either.....is there something in the registry for this? its really pissing me off.....

If you're looking for a simple fix, then you might just try right-clicking the shortcut that opens up the program. Choose "Properties" and then make sure you go to the "Shortcut" tab if you're not already there. On this screen, you'll see a drop-down menu that allows you to specify to always open the program maximized.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

That would be good other then the fact that its a large effort to have a million short cuts rather then just double clicking my computer or opening the control panel.......is the next step formatting or do you know of something inside the registry that can be done with this....you know force full screen on everything or soemthing like that...

Comment

Might check with Charles. He had something similar to this a while back, but I don't recall if it was for programs in general or just IE.
        My Toys

Comment

I think it was just an IE window maximizer that he had. That's the only window I usually have trouble with myself. All of the others keep their settings. but that's all you want it for, isn't it? I'll see if I can find the link...

Aha! Found it.. Go <a href="http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1616" target="_blank">here</a>.

Comment

eh.......that's not really what I'm looking for basically its windows like "my computer" "my network places" "control planel" "recycle bin" windows like that....they don't open full screen anymore

Comment

Silly question, but in your folder options, did you remember to check the box that asks to "Remember each folder's view settings"?
              My Toys

Comment

Sorry, I misread the first post...

Another thing to try (it's not quite the same, but it will help) is instead of maximising your windows, open a couple different ones, manually drag them to the size of the screen, close them all then open one again. See if it retains the size you made. I've noticed that when I maximize, it remembers the sizing before I did that, so see what happens after that...

Might work, might not.. it's not what you are looking for, but it's something.

Comment

Almost there Beefy. You gotta hit F5 a few dozen times to make sure Windows remembers. (F5=refresh window)

Close and re-open.

Same happens to me when I acess my comm bank netbank. The netbank window opens to a determined size in the script. Every time I open a window after going to netbank, they all open at that size. If I resize a window, refresh a few dozen times then close & reopen all is how I set it

Comment

lol....all these things that your all telling me to do I'm doing and its like funny what happens.....I already tried dragging the window and make it look full screen just so I can be happy...however..after closing the window it resets its self and to back what it used to be as in a small window exactly centered in the middle of the screen....its like it remembers its own setting I treid looking through the registry and the "apply to all windows" I couldn't find nothing.....is it like I have to format to fix this?

Comment

It'd make our job easier.. :) j/k. hang on, i'll see what I can come up with..

Comment

Working...
                      X