which p4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which p4

From a overclocking point of view, which would be a better processor if cost was not a factor, the 1.6a, 1.8a or the 2.0a.

:bounce:

the 1.6A seems to be the 1 to get as most are reporting at least 2.2GHz from them so the price would have to be right though luck and the quality of other parts also has a big role to play. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Taking into account that overclocking is an exacting science, much is still left to chance.
      Basically your speaking of 3 processors all made on the same core. Binning could turn out to be a strong asset to you. Getting a 1.6 would have the most potential to give you the better $'s to performance ratio.
      Quite possibly it would clock as high as a 2.0 -- but then again, it's the luck of the draw.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

thanks for your replies, I think you have convinced me, im going for the 1.6a , wish me luck, Ill post more threads regarding the second stage .

Comment

getting either 3 doesn;t guarantee results..u could get a very good overclocking 1.6 and not so good 2.0...but generally the higher u go the better chance of getting a higher endspeed....i'd get 1.8 for good balance between price and speed:afro:

Comment

Working...
          X