PDA

View Full Version : Never Use Ntune On Dfi Motherboards For Anything Other Than Temp Monitoring

bf2nut
07-03-2006, 03:41 PM
this guy works on all our dfi motherboards...im sure its same with third party company overclocking ultilities too.http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=498302&postcount=3 i myself do all my o\c in bios.windows is flaky as is,let alone a windows based bios tweak....ya

Munkul
07-03-2006, 06:06 PM
seconded - whats the point playing in windows when you can do it like a real man (or woman) in the bios?

amd_man2005
07-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Although I highly recommend OC'ing only in BIOS, when done properly and with caution, OC'ing from Windows can be fine.

From the link...

YOU WILL KILL YOUR MOTHERBOARD AND MORE THAN LIKELY YOUR CPU AND VIDEO AND POSSIBLY MEMORY

DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM

You are more likely to kill your mobo etc by OCing from Bios. Windows generally goes unstable before you can have any hardware damage. That statement is pretty much a load of ****.

Munkul
07-04-2006, 06:27 PM
well some mobos wil NOT OC in bios, but will OC very high (stably) in windows. several s754 mobos spring to mind. generally, though, bios clocking is best .

casecutter
07-04-2006, 10:27 PM
LOL! Happygames AKA Angrygames mostly loves to hear his own voice and push his beliefs on the world. The problem is not with Ntune, the problem is with noobs setting crazy settings and then wondering why they killed half their PC. Too many people think that because someone else has gotten a great overclock with the same parts means they also will get the same results. I call it "Natural Selection" of the PC world.

amd_man2005
07-05-2006, 12:42 AM
LOL! Happygames AKA Angrygames mostly loves to hear his own voice and push his beliefs on the world. The problem is not with Ntune, the problem is with noobs setting crazy settings and then wondering why they killed half their PC. Too many people think that because someone else has gotten a great overclock with the same parts means they also will get the same results. I call it "Natural Selection" of the PC world.
Very well said.

wayout44
07-05-2006, 08:05 AM
LOL! Happygames AKA Angrygames mostly loves to hear his own voice and push his beliefs on the world. The problem is not with Ntune, the problem is with noobs setting crazy settings and then wondering why they killed half their PC. Too many people think that because someone else has gotten a great overclock with the same parts means they also will get the same results. I call it "Natural Selection" of the PC world. Not only very well said, but extremely accurate as well. :beerchug: