PS2 connection to computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 connection to computer

I have a somewhat older computer, 2000 i believe, but i do have a Radeon 9200 graphics card, and i was wonderin what i need to do to hook up my PS2 to my computer to enjoy my moniter and speakers, and help greatly appreciated!
    -Mike

Re: PS2 connection to computer

you need a vga box to connect your monitor and im not sure about the speakers - probably you could get an adapter or make one. you cant just connect a pc, as far as i know. vga boxes cost about 40 to 50 pounds in the uk

Comment

I bought 5.1 sourround sound speakers (logitech of course) and it came with an adapter just for connecting ps2/dvd/gcn... you know the red white(audio) and yellow(video) well, it came with the white and red ones on one side and the part for the speakers an the other. it sets up your comp. speakers with your tv or whatever. cool huh? I'msure logitech would sell one to you.

Comment

Hmmm. Dont connect the PS2 to your PC's graphics card. Connect your PCs monitor to the PS2 using a vga box. I use the one http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=KS-A022&cat=TOO. It works super. Now to get the sound from the PS2 to your PC speakers you will need an adapter from "radio Shack" it has 2 female RCA jacks on one end to plug the PS2 red and white RCA jacks and on the other end is a small 35mm female end to plug you PC speakers or headphones in. Make sure the Speackers have their own power and volume.

Comment

Hi, I also need help on this topic, I looked at the suggested VGA box on geeks.com and it looks awsome! But I need a VGA box in a store because i can't order online! If you have advice for me on where to get one it would be great!

Thanks,
          Morleypattullo

Comment

hey i have a hd xerox 19' moniter with a hp meida center computer with a compisite output on the front and a tv card on teh bck wat cable would i need to use to connect my ps2 i have tried many different ways but still dont no wat to do please help

Comment

Working...
            X