No announcement yet.

Very easy way to cool of the back side of your video card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very easy way to cool of the back side of your video card!

Well, I have been surfin for the past few months trying to find a decent solution to cool the back side of my Ti4400. Well, I think I found the cheapest and easiest way.

I was looking through my junk pile and I saw a retail HSF from a amd 900mhz... I took the fan off and realized that the black mount for the fan might work. See below for what I am talking about. The pic is a 1.4 retail HSF but it shows you what I mean.

After removing the mount, my thoughts became clear. This mount has four clips on each side to to attach the mount to the HS. Cool, I could use the clips as Stand-Offs.

So, out came the 5min Epoxy! I just used just a dab per side.

After the Epoxy had cured, it was a matter of screwing in the four screws. As you can see below, the fan has enough clearance to blow down and outwards to cool of the memory chips also.

Well, I guess I found a use for my AMD retail fan. I just hope I never have to RMA this sucker in :)

just a few more pics...
    This just shows the clearance that the fan mount has.

Comment

nice work and creativity ;)

Comment

Is that an Enermax Case? :p
        Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

Yep it is! Thanks for the comments Flash!

Comment

Now that, Ladies and Gentlemen, looks like some real fine tweaking there. Nice work hbidad, thanks for sharing:thumb:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thats a really gd idea...btw Mr.C i like ur siggie lol.

Comment

that is brilliant! i'm going to do something very similar to attch a fan on the back heastink of my leadtek ti4600:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                  that is brilliant! i'm going to do something very similar to attch a fan on the back heastink of my leadtek ti4600:afro:
                  All you need is one of those plastic mounts....may be hard to find though... :confused:

And Hbidad, thats some sweet improvisation man :thumb: ...very nice.:thumb:

Comment

yea actually u don;t necassarily need the bracket to attch the fan on a leadtek...u can just use peices of rubber for example to give the fan a bit of clearance.......with a hot glue gun on maybe even super glue.....this is all thx to the inspiration from hbi dad:afro:

and thx to all of you for adding your ideas:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                    X