Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good digital camera that can take good close ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good digital camera that can take good close ups?

Well, I have been thinking about getting a new Digital Camera. I have a HP 1mp now and it sucks at taking any close ups... I think it might have to do with the 2 kids playin with it (2 and 3 years old if that don't tell ya anything).

Although I would like to also keep the budget down but I don't want to buy junk..

Can anyone recommend a good digital camera that is capable of taking good close ups and have a good pic quality?

depends on how much you want to spend really. The Sony Mavica range seems pretty good to me. I've used one here at work and i'm sure someone else around here can vouch for his as well.

Comment

Take a look at some of my recent reviews and see if you like the picture quality in those. I use a Nikon CoolPix 850.

And here's a thought... if you want to save a few dollars, hit up a Best Buy store and ask them about floor models. That's how I got mine. It didn't have the box, and they didn't give me a Flash card, but I got the camera in nearly new condition for about half price. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I have had an eye out for a Sony Mavica. I heard there where good. All the pics of I seen taken with those camera proves that.

/me wonders if best buy has any Open Box items!

Thansk guys

Comment

I have seen the low-end cameras from Kodak take good pictures, A$500 (US$250) should net a decent entry level model. My friend took a photo of my cat's face, and the detail around his whiskers was stunning for a camera of its price. :)
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by hbidad
            I have had an eye out for a Sony Mavica. I heard there where good. All the pics of I seen taken with those camera proves that.

/me wonders if best buy has any Open Box items!

Thansk guys
            No, they aren't good for close ups, not at all. I use one and they are shocking for closeups, at least my FD90 is.
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

My department has asked me to dump all of our Kodak cameras and get something else... and that's asking quite a bit. We use in the neighborhood of 20 cameras and will be dumping every one of them.

Why? Because Kodak is the absolute worst support company in the universe. OK, maybe I exaggerate, but check this out...

We recently had two of our cameras go bad. Not real surprising when you consider that we do have a number of photo novices using the cameras. One of the biggest problems we have is the troops in the field trying to force the CompactFlash into the camera backwards. So we get ready to send them off for repair. Now here's the fun part...

Kodak requires us to send US$262 per camera with the shipment before they will even consider troubleshooting the problem. And then any repair costs will be added to this figure and billed to us. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

Something else to consider is that when I was researching new cameras, I made contact with one of our larger professional camera stores here in town and they stated outright that they got crappy support from Kodak as well... and they are certified through the company!

When it comes to Kodak cameras, JUST SAY NO!!!
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

OK Darth, so I have never dealt with Kodak's customer support line :confused:

But they can't be as bad as Agfa's - they refused to release new drivers for many products for Windows 2000 and XP - even though their products were released after Windows 2000 first came out!!! :thumbs do
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

oh poop, Tweak. I thought I had my mind made up :) Thanks for the info tho! Has anyone had any luck with Samsung cameras?

Comment

The Sony Mavica is no good for zooming, take a look at this shot. I hardly started to zoom and it's already blurring.
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Do you feel for me now :)? Taken about 8-9 inches away..

Comment

As you can see from this shot, it's fine if zooming isn't required...
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

??? Did you turn the Macro zoom on? Do I have to give you a demonstration?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                            ??? Did you turn the Macro zoom on? Do I have to give you a demonstration?
                            Never heard of that before.
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

mine neither....atleast I dont think so.... Here is a live shot of my dog! Meet Rosie!

Comment

Working...
                              X