Time for some stonger spam filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for some stonger spam filters

This forum desperately needs some stronger spam filters from those spam-bot programs that keep depositing this filth around here. This forum get's hit hard and constantly. 2-3 times a day. I know that noone condones it or likes it any more than I do, but it can't be that hard to upgrade your spam filters to at least slow it down.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Re: Time for some stonger spam filters

I have no idea what control options are available but what about not allowing more than 2 posts in a day per IP untill the member has posted once or twice on separate days? ...prolly wouldn't entirely solve the problem but it might slow it down.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

There are some special spam filters and programs that someone with the know how (not me of course!) can install with the forum software to stop the spam-bots. It's not easy, nor do I pretend there is a simple solution. Just seems this place is hit ALOT.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate

Comment

The Admins have been discussing this among ourselves for a while and we are yet to come up with a GOOD solution. The IP's of the spammers are being blocked, but that does not stop anything.

Comment

I bet, those *******s have some powerful software themselves to do the spamming. Believe me, I am sympathetic to your cause, was just kinda curious if you guys were working to stop them. Of course, it might have helped if I had any useful info to help you instead of just posting this.........
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate

Comment

Makes it worse is they are slipping by CAPTCHA also. On a forum I help admin we've blocked all .ru, .de, .cc, .tk, .cz and some other hosts and email. Shut ALOT of it down to 1-3 every few days from 5-10 a day. Then again theres an advantage to a site being specific to the US only. All events are in the US and with a few exceptions of past members who moved, theres no reason for someone from Russia to be on the site.

Comment

Working...
            X