HI and BYE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI and BYE

Im sorry for the rush but i will be offline for a while in a day or so.

I'm gonna build a new system.
    I'm keeping my old Hitachi hd and my sb-xfi and my sony dvd+-RW drive.
    I already bought a case.
    I have a 450 watt PSU picked out. I will purchase this month
    I think ill get the GPU from Ebay (BFG GeForce 7900 GT OC to be purchased before october 11)
    I will get the mobo from newegg. (ASUS P5LD2) I will purchase this month.
    I will get the Intel Core 2 or whatever proc before october.
    I will get some RAM sooner or later. DDR2/667 is the highest the board supports.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the limited everything. I am in a crunch for time.
    BTW I scrapped my old comp and am currently typing on a mac.
    Sorry for everything that I should be sorry for!

Re: HI and BYE

I could use some help ASAP.

Comment

Well, I'm glad you chose Core 2. That's a good choice in my opinion. As for the psu, I would go with atleast 550watts. I would also switch to a 7800 GT or GTX from eBay because they have more driver support.

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, school just started.

Comment

I'd be looking at a 7900GS right now. For used cards, 7800GTs, X1800XTs, and X1800 XLs are the hot thing right now. For a brand new card, the 7900GS kicks ass.

450W is barely sufficient for this system at stock speeds, nevermind upgrading video cards when DX10 becomes available within the next six months. I'd get a little higher just to be safe, with over 500W for overclocking. With an ATI card, I might want closer to 600W for an overclocked system, because the whole X1800/X1900 series is extremely power hungry.

DDR2 667MHz is all you'll need. Get 2x1GB sticks for sure.

I'd go with an E6400 for overclocking (or an E6300 to really save money, but the lower multiplier can hurt OCing considerably in SOME circumstances), E6600 for stock.

Your X-Fi is still good, so is your CD drive. Don't know what you have for a hard drive, though. 200GB-300GB SATA 3.0 GB/s drives are hard to pass up these days. The GB/$ ratio is so good and they're so cheap. I've got three in my main computer and I'll get more with the next machine I build. IMO you can't have too many drives. Realistically, I wouldn't just stick with an old 80GB, if that's what you have. Unless you only play a few games at any given time and don't store any sort of digital media (music/movies), I've found 80GB just isn't enough, especially with modern games weighing in 4-6GB installed. Nevermind if you store CD/DVD images of the games on your hard drive.
        Last edited by Yawgm0th; 09-06-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I can fill you in on E6400 performance next week, my parts are all due then. I know of a few people that got scorching deals on X1800 XT's from me! I got stuck getting only 1GB of ram due to running low on dough, but 2GB sure is the way of the future. And definitely go for larger drives. I run 2X120GB in a raio0 for performance and I have a 250GB data drive. Even with a trimmed down install, I am still easily pushing 200GB of data on my system and could easily push past 300GB if I installed all my games. Glad to see you are finally moving up! That old dells gotta go.

As for needing 600W+ for a single X1800/X1900, a good 500W is more than enough, but you'd be better off getting more now than having to spend more later. I was able to overclock a single X1800 XT 512MB card and a 165 Opteron very far with a 520W OCZ Modstream. No matter what, get the best you can afford, and stay away from teh crap junk ****e ones.
          Last edited by casecutter; 09-07-2006, 08:17 PM.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 945 Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo 1066FSB LGA775 DDR2 ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, Serial ATA Retail
            533/800/1066FSB, ATA/100, 4DDR2 DIMM, 1 PCI Express x16, 3 PCI Express x1, 3PCI, USB 2.0/1.1, Audio, Gigabit LAN, SATA (Conroe Ready)
            HOw is this for a mobo?

I really want the 7950 gxt because there are no costly latencies between the N and S bridges on the mobo.
            plus it is 1gig for 300 dolla on eBay.
            I will get 2 gigs of 667, or if on sale a faster clocked one.
            I am satisfied wif my hitachi hd for now.(160 gig is too much for me!)
            I will get a 500-550 watt psu
            I will get the e6600 because it has such a large cache, i will OC it to 6700 speed.
            I have enough for all these parts.
            I wont OC radically.
            Does his config sound good?
            Thanks you dearly for all your help!
            Last edited by orangutang91; 09-08-2006, 10:11 PM.

Comment

ASUS p5n32_SLI SE deluxe

I decided to get SLI, maybe 2 512 mb cards or whatever u all recommend, after I saw this mobo, its great!

I'm sorry for flip floppin like John Karry.

Thanks for the help, suggestion very much appreciated

Comment

Its nice to see you upgrade from that crappy dell but you shure deserve a nice rig now! Are you doing sli or crossfire? I've seen crossfire cards do prety well these days. BTW your system sounds like a beast, good luck.

Comment

Thanks,

this thing will be nVidia because I have never used nVidia before and I hated the support for my ATi card.
                  The ATi cards are looking pretttty hot though.

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
                    I know of a few people that got scorching deals on X1800 XT's from me!
                    I'll say! I hate to say it, but if I sell my existing 7800GT and replace it with the X1800XT, I might make a profit, even if I buy a third-party air cooler. Thanks again. :D In any case, I'll be enjoying the improved performance, even though it's not a huge difference.

Originally posted by casecutter
                    And definitely go for larger drives. I run 2X120GB in a raio0 for performance and I have a 250GB data drive. Even with a trimmed down install, I am still easily pushing 200GB of data on my system and could easily push past 300GB if I installed all my games.
                    Pshh... I have 2 250GB SATA drives in RAID 1, 200GB SATA 2 drive, and a 200GB IDE drive, and I've got maybe 40% free space. All I can say is larger drives are great, and 250-350 GB tend to get the most for the money. I'd rather have RAID 1, 01, or 10 because of how common hard drives failures can be. RAID 0 greatly increases the risk of data loss, so I generally shy away from just RAID 0.

Comment

I never even filled up my 40 gig drive,, only 75%

Sooooooo... what Graphics card do u all recomend, I will be able to stay on for a good amount more, I convinced my dad to let me on a forum site because this sight typically sees words no harder than dang.

I wish there was a way to repay you all, I am indebted to you peeps
                      Last edited by orangutang91; 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Processor:
                        Intel Core 2 E6600 (2x 2MB L2 2.4 GHz)...................................$335.00
                        or
                        Intel Core 2 E6400 (2x 1MB L2 2.13 GHz)................................$230.00

Motherboard:
                        Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition Core 2 Duo........$117.00
                        Only supports up to DDR2/667, not /800.

Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe nForce4 SLI Intel Edition...........$205.00
                        Has everything that I want, it is a great motherboard.

RAM:
                        Crucial Technology Ballistix BL2KIT12864AA804 2GB $210.00
                        kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400
                        This RAM is non-ECC and un-buffered but is a great deal.

OCZ OCZ2G8002GK 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Gold $230.00
                        Gamer eXtreme XTC Edition Dual Channel
                        Slightly higher quality than the Crucial. ($25 MIR)

Power supply:
                        Sunbeamtech SUNNU550-US-SV Nuuo 550 Watt................$85.00

Ultra ULT31851 X2 X-Connect 550W.......................................$90.00
                        This is the better PSU.

Graphics Card:

MSI nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS................................................ ....$170ish

PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900GT............................................ ....$170ish

how is this config, Its multiple choise

Comment

Processor:
                          Intel Core 2 E6600 (2x 2MB L2 2.4 GHz)...................................$335.00
                          or
                          Intel Core 2 E6400 (2x 1MB L2 2.13 GHz)................................$230.00

Motherboard:
                          Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition Core 2 Duo........$117.00
                          Only supports up to DDR2/667, not /800.

Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe nForce4 SLI Intel Edition...........$205.00
                          Has everything that I want, it is a great motherboard.

RAM:
                          Crucial Technology Ballistix BL2KIT12864AA804 2GB $210.00
                          kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400
                          This RAM is non-ECC and un-buffered but is a great deal.

OCZ OCZ2G8002GK 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Gold $230.00
                          Gamer eXtreme XTC Edition Dual Channel
                          Slightly higher quality than the Crucial. ($25 MIR)

Power supply:
                          Sunbeamtech SUNNU550-US-SV Nuuo 550 Watt................$85.00

Ultra ULT31851 X2 X-Connect 550W.......................................$90.00
                          This is the better PSU.

Graphics Card:

MSI nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS................................................ ....$170ish

PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900GT............................................ ....$170ish

Pick an choose!
                          I need no more storage in my old dell i had <35 gigs used.
                          I have a 160 gig hitachi now.

I am sorry for this new file thing, my old one is dead.

Comment

E6600 + P5N32-SLI SE + OCZ + (I don't like either PCU) + GS if cheaper otherwise GT is the choice if price is equal. As for hte power supply, look for the OCZ GameXtreme 600W. It should be marginally more $$$ and will mop the floor with the other 2. You could also get the E6400 to save the extra to get a better PSU as I LOVE my E6400. Smokingly fast and simple to OC. Easily runs 2.8GHz on stock Vcore. Also look into an Arctic Silencer Freeze 7 PRO for the CPU. THey are cheap and work nearly as well as the HSF's that are 2-3 times to cost.

Otherwise, looks good. You might also want to have some spare underwear when you start using it because you are gonna crap yourself when you feel the power compared to your old rig.
                            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                            PC P&C 500W PSU
                            2TB Seagate
                            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Thanks for the advice homie!
                              I'll go wit ur suggestion.
                              I heard about that PSU also, its out of stock at ZipZoomFly so i will ahve to wait till they get more, I only will buy from ZZZ b/c they have the lowest shipping charge.
                              Newegg charges 20 bucks at cheapest for shipping to AK, its outrageous!
                              Last edited by orangutang90; 09-17-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X