Does Athlon XP come with HSF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Athlon XP come with HSF?

I'm getting a Athlon XP 1600+ and was wondering if it came with a HSF. I'm not gonna overclock it at all and want to keep costs down. And if it doesn't come with cooling, what's a good, low cost one to get?

If you ordered a retail AMD processor, then yes, it comes with a heatsink. If you bought OEM because it was cheaper, then you'll have to provide your own unless the seller happens to throw one in.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Alright well I'm getting an OEM Athon XP 1600+ from Newegg.com. I was gonna get a Volcano 7+, but I'd rather get something cheaper that can still get the job done.

Comment

Good choice: http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=188
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I recently built a system for a friend with an Athlon XP 1600+, and the Volcano 6Cu is a nice cooler that isn't too noisy and provides adequate cooling for non-overclocked machines. His load temperatures never exceed 50 degrees (even though his machine is downstairs in the workshop), and has yet to have a stability problem with it :)
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

The Volcano 7+ is alot better then the 6Cu right ?

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus
              The Volcano 7+ is alot better then the 6Cu right ?

And a lot more expensive

Trust me, for no overclocking the 6Cu is more than adequate ;)

The Volcano 7+ really starts to pay off when overclocking is concerned. :)

Comment

I just bought a "Thermalright AX-7" and a "Thermaltake Volcano 7"...im going to use the temp reading fan on the AX-7...i cant take my delta anymore...especially after using the new iMac at my friends house...(watercooling sounds)...anywayz...is that a good match...what i bought????

peace

FiReBLaZR

Comment

My mate got a Volcano 7+ in his comp, overclocked Athllon 1700 to a 1900 with it :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shepps
                    My mate got a Volcano 7+ in his comp, overclocked Athllon 1700 to a 1900 with it :D

Remember people, MagCynic said he/she doesn't want to overclock. Whilst it's very nice to suggest a A$50 HSF, if a A$20 one will do then only suggest it (he/she said a low cost one) ;)

Comment

Here's something to do 1st before using the HSF with a retail pack and that's to remove the TIM attached to as ya'll see in this pic of one that came close to cooking the chip. :eek:

Comment

looks like someone put the clip on backwards!

Comment

The 7+ is a high-end cooler....u wouldn't want it unless u were doing some quite serious overclocking.....if ur not gonna overclock pretti much anything like a volcano Cu6 or even a dirt cheap FOP 32 is more than adequate:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                            if ur not gonna overclock pretti much anything like a volcano Cu6 or even a dirt cheap FOP 32 is more than adequate:afro:

I wouldn't go as low as the FOP32..... although it was an awesome cooler in its day (and still cools my 1GHz Pentium III) the Volcano 6Cu is a little more efficienct for an Athlon XP ;)

Comment

really? hmmm well a fop 38 is more than adequat for even mild overclocking....i would have thought a fop 32 would be fine for stock speeds:D

Comment

Working...
                              X