Plexi side...mounting it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexi side...mounting it?

Okay, here's what I want to do: buy a piece of plexi (gonna have the store cut it for me) and use it for the open side of my case. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to hold it there.

I was thinking magnets, but even small ones seem unwise. I was also thinking velcro, but I'm not sure if that's gonna be strong enough to do it.

Anyone got some thoughts on this?

yeah... Cut four... hang on. I'll draw a pic.

basically, mount four screws on the side of your case. Cut four holes like i've attached in the plexi. Then, to put it on, you simply push the plexi onto the side of the case (with the four screws going through the big hole), then you slide it to the side then downwards. maybe then stick a catch or something somewhere to hold it in place. hope this makes sense...

Comment

Didn't think of that one. Thanx, I'll look into it.

Comment

Well, I'll have to take some pix eventually, but I ended up doing the velcro thing. I also got a sheet of acrylic custom cut at a local Lowes. The cost of the sheet and the velcro was about $11USD. I may have to do this to the other side in the near future.

Comment

Hehehe....
          Lowes stores in Australia sell men's clothing. :D

Comment

Well, I guess it could be worse:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
              Hehehe....
              Lowes stores in Australia sell men's clothing. :D
              Well when you have some nice mods using their products, let us know
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Do ya think a nice shirt would look nice on my case? :D

Comment

Don't forget to use a Tank top or it might get to hot!

Comment

Damn and I was thinkin' of a collar and tie. :(

Comment

Denim would be more in line with my tastes.

No spandex though!! :laugh:
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan_Lander
                        Didn't think of that one. Thanx, I'll look into it.
                        A custom Square or a truly custom cut?

Comment

Originally posted by hbidad

A custom Square or a truly custom cut?
                          How skilled are the folks at Lowe's in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Well, I just seen them to a custom table top with a custom bevel...... I was just curious.... although I did see one guy refuse to cut 1 inche off of a board cause it could fly out and hit someone..... He refused the customer and said it was against company policy...

So I guess you can decide!

Comment

guess it's a matter of when/who you ask and how much you're willing to pay. Not so unlike dealing with any other business I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X