Question about OEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about OEM

Any one have any thoughts and/or suggestions about buying 'OEM' parts? It seems that they're cheaper and the only draw back being the warranty...

I've bought OEM stuff before, and it's (usually--IBM hdd's the exception) been fine.

Comment

I nearly always buy OEM. The trade-off if no fancy bix, no retail add-on programs and utilities, and usually limited warranty. Other than this, it is rare that you will ever notice any difference (the Radeon video boards being the only exception that I can think of off the top of my head).
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Yup, I almost always buy O.E.M. components over Retail.

Exceptions for me are CPUs - both Intel and AMD - I have seen several remarked CPUs in my time, and all have been O.E.M. "tray" versions. The warranty is also 3 years with a boxed AMD or Intel CPU, whereas an OEM chip carries between 30 days and 12 months (depending on where you purchased it from).

Oh - and yes ATi video cards are also much better purchased as a retail boxed item - the O.E.M. versions usually are anaemic in features :mad:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

My preference is for OEM too unless a bundled software is required. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X