PDA

View Full Version : noicey computer....

that killa
05-04-2002, 11:05 PM
my computer goes really noicey (because of the fan).... is there any tips to make it go quieter because i have another computer which runs so quiet...

anyway any tips would be wonderful, cheers

Andy
05-04-2002, 11:24 PM
my computer goes really noicey (because of the fan).... is there any tips to make it go quieter because i have another computer which runs so quiet...

anyway any tips would be wonderful, cheers

1. how many fans are there?
2.what is the fan doing in your system? (on the heatsink or just one that blows air in/out of the case?)
3. are you overclocking?
4. whats the temp of your a) cpu, b) case (roughly))

that killa
05-04-2002, 11:31 PM
it a thermake mine super orb fan (it has 2 fans built into the heat sink), it is quieter than my old heatsink and fan tho, which was just one fan....

si soft sandra says...
54 mobo temp
43 cpu temp

would check bios but i am currently downloading on it and dont want to stop the downloads

no i am not overclocking... and btw the specs of this comp are 1.4ghz athlon, 256mb ddr ram, 40gb hdd, gf2

(it not the 1800XP i got on my siggy)

and the fans are both on the heatsink, no case fan as of yet

Wiggo
05-05-2002, 11:12 AM
Gee those temps seem back to front. :?:
But there's not a great deal ya can do to quiten the fan noise of the HSF unless 1 of the fans is developing a noisy bearing then either lubricate it or replace it. :smokin:
<center>:cheers:</center>

hbidad
05-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Your wrong wiggo! Water Cool those suckers...
You could get a fan adaptor to go with a bigger fan that will pull the same CFM's ...in return less RPMS=lower noise

I would have to say that you have your pc under your desk or in a cubby hole to have that high of a motherboard temp.... You could alway cut a few holes in that beast for a few fans...

Take a side of of your case and see what the temps are then after a while.... and let us know

Wiggo
05-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Ya goin' to be doin' well to find a fan adaptor to fit a Orb and I haven't seen one yet. :smokin:

that killa
05-05-2002, 07:25 PM
http://www.geocities.com/ctafuk/comptemps.JPG

here is a pic of sandra telling me the temps :P dont insult my itelligence hehe :P i am not that thick.....am i? (dont answer that)

anyway bios says pretty much the same thing...

well mayb that helps, could the bios be out of date and getting the numbers muddled? because my computer certainly does have enuff circulation...(not under a desk or in a cubby hole)

anyway any more help would be great, cheers

Wiggo
05-05-2002, 07:34 PM
Bugger the link only goes as far as Geocities. :(
:beer: :beer: :beer:

that killa
05-05-2002, 07:39 PM
ugh stupid geocities and their bandwidth protection ****.......

ok copy that addy then paste it into a newly opened browser....

should work then

Wiggo
05-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Ok that worked but I've never put a system together yet that had the system anywhere near the CPU temp before let alone well over it so what motherboard does it use? :?:

that killa
05-05-2002, 08:06 PM
it is an aopen AK77 pro

anyhelp?

Albinus
05-05-2002, 08:08 PM
SiSoft Sandra is your problem :)

On my Shuttle AV40R motherboard, it gets the sensors mixed up. Look at the following pic, taken whilst the CPU is under full load (running UD Cancer research)

So just switch them around ;)

hbidad
05-05-2002, 08:17 PM
ahh, to many :beer: 's last night.... To me it seems that you have a poorly vented case... Bring the pc out in the open and remove a side and see what temps you have then. If they temps go down considerably, then you know you need to have some more air flowing though your case.