PowerPointing Through Dictation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerPointing Through Dictation

My science group had to make a PowerPoint presentation for a small assignment. One of the members in my group found a program that dictates what to say in each slide, and command where to click which box to have any text written into. It was called Dragon Naturally Speaking. My best friend had never heard of it before, but after seeing one member from my group use it, she wanted to get her hands on it too.
    She told me that as long as Dragon was open along with PowerPoint, making a presentation was much faster & easier than before.
    <o:p></o:p>

Re: PowerPointing Through Dictation

The program has been out for several years, but processing power is just now getting to the point to make this an effective tool. The software still has limitations, but from what I've heard others talk about these issues are slowly getting fixed.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: PowerPointing Through Dictation

Yeah that's what I've heard too. One member from our group hadn't even heard of the program until another member bought it, trained his voice to correct dictation and recognized simple computer commands.
      He told me that it didn't take long, and he's saved quite a bit of time using Dragon instead of typing & mousing around the computer.

Comment

Working...
      X