which is the best gf4 ti4400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is the best gf4 ti4400

I bought the asus gf4 ti4400.... haven't gotten it from the store yet.. so i was just wondering... while i wait... how does it compare to the other gf4 ti4400's on the market

I'd say, VERY good...
    :thumb:

Comment

hmm well the asus isn;t bad but u could do a lot better....it comes at a high priceand has relatively poor O/C due to the fact that it has no ramsinks....u should have gotten a leadtek or x-micro which overclock better and saved yourself a wad of cash...but oh well:afro:

Comment

Yeah, Asus, once known for being a company that produced good quality, cheap, very overclockable cards, are now known for crap video card with poor overclockabily and poor cooling, if any. They bundle tons of stupid crap that you'll never use with the card and sell they're cards for often over $200 more then better brands. And also watch, they use slower RAM whenever possible. Another case of a good company turned bad, as soon as they have a good name for themselves.

Comment

yes, while i can recommend asus mobos as they are they quite reliable, overclockable and stable...and also provide more voltage than default....if it says 1.85 in bios it actually will give 1.9 volts....which can help with overclocking a fair bit....even then....asus is on a downwards slide and now i probably would recomend that epox boards....or even msi

and yes there video cards suck now...altohugh they are very reliable and stable lack of ramsinks means poor overclockanility an dthe inflated price doesn;t help:afro:

i'm very sorri to day this infielder, altohugh if you had asked my a yr ago i would have definantely recommended asus:cheers:

Comment

:cry: you guys are making me sad... well it's alright actually i got the card at a good price.. cheaper than any of the other
            gf4 ti4400 that i found.. i would have rather got the leadtek or msi but i couldn't find one where i was.. that's too bad eh... but at any rate.. i'm not one to overclock my card... it's fast enough for me as is... so that's not a real problem.. but the next time i go out and by a card... i'm definitely going to look under every rock to get the one i want the most...

thanks for all the replies...

Comment

where did you get it from Infielder6 ?

and how much $$$ ?

Comment

i paid about 470... but now at that store it's going for 455... i got it at pcvillage canada....

do you know if i could have gotten it cheaper and if so.. can you tell me how much a good hub should cost... i've seen some at about 100 but that's way too much for me...

Comment

Originally posted by infielder6
                  i paid about 470... but now at that store it's going for 455... i got it at pcvillage canada....

do you know if i could have gotten it cheaper and if so.. can you tell me how much a good hub should cost... i've seen some at about 100 but that's way too much for me...
                  That's not bad...PC Canada has the Asus for $465 & the Leadtech for $450
                  My supplier (ElcoSystems) usually does a little better than the online retailers - but he doesn't have stock on GF4Ti's yet

a GVC 5pt 10base hub goes for about $35cdn...fine for home use

Comment

go to the www.Insight.com Canadian page

Product Code GVC471489
                    GVC 5pt 10base hub $33.99 ...37units in stock

I've used a couple of these at work between CNC machines for calling up programs...reliable enough & dirt cheap

Comment

I wouldn't suggest buying a 10 base T now-a-days...... capable of basically one meg/sec total throughput on the hub (NOT per port)

But if you don't have any large files you need to transfer, and just want a hub for very small stuff, the 10 base T will do ok....

once known for being a company that produced good quality, cheap
                      Haha?? When was ASUS ever cheap?

And let me say this, while they may be lesser as far as overclocking, I am sure they are just fine and more reliable than anything else as far as NORMAL use goes. We as enthusiasts have to remember that we are a tiny group, and so other companies like Leadtek HAVE to do whatever they can to get our business. ASUS is still on top of the heap when it comes to average buyers/users. And I have not seen anything that would begin to hint that ASUS is less than extremely reliable.

Comment

yes, asus has proven it itself to be very reliable, with excellent customer service, a very low return rate as well as great products...for example the CUSL2 still holds the crown for P3 boards....also, up until recently asus video cards have been renowned for good overl****ing...althoguh now asus seems to be focusing less on the tweakability of their video cards...which is fine by the average PC user...but not for extreme tweakers...which is what this community is sort or about:afro:

however there is nothing whatsoever wrong with their ti4400...especially if you don;t plan to overlclock..and hey any kind of ti4400 is a good one:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                          I wouldn't suggest buying a 10 base T now-a-days...... capable of basically one meg/sec total throughput on the hub (NOT per port)

But if you don't have any large files you need to transfer, and just want a hub for very small stuff, the 10 base T will do ok....
                          personally - I would get a 10/100 switch - depends on what you doing with it...if it's just for sharing files between a few home PC's a 10base t hub will probably work fine.

a 10/100 switch is about the double the price of the hub ...around $60cdn for a Dlink DSS5+ in the Toronto area....how much do you want to spend Infielder6 ?

Comment

Yes, that is what I would suggest as well if he has a bit more to spend... I would also suggest looking at the Linksys 5-port switch... it is very sleek and portable.

Comment

A switch is much better anyday over a hub and 10/100 switches arn't all that much dearer than hubs these days. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X