Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did my subwoofer cause my monitor to blow out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my subwoofer cause my monitor to blow out?

Ive got a 19" Sylvania (lame brand, :( bleh) monitor and a Logitech Z560 Surround Sound System....the monitor has only been around about 1.5 years and it already seems to have blown out....

Normally, my monitor would make a click while changing resolutions....but the last time i used it, it seemed to get stuck between resulutions, make a whistling noise, then just go into an infinite loop of "resolution clicks."

Now, everytime i turn on the monitor, the **** just doesnt work, it just keeps making the "resolution click" noises :(
    Could my subwoofer have been placed too closely to my monitor? The sub is about 2 feet away, and there is a wooden board (side of a desk) between the monitor and sub (188watt RMS)
    Or do you think my monitor was just too cheap?

Sylvania says the monitor is under a 3year warranty, but cheap companies always seem to find a way to squirm out allowing the customer to redeem......"Sorry sir, but you had the monitor placed at the wrong angle on your desktop, you will not be able to get a replacement from us"

Would it be cheaper to repair, or a better idea to just buy a nice 19" name brand monitor?

Thanks for any information.....

Iwouldn't think that it would have been the cause at that distance with wood inbetween. :?:
    It maybe something just like a dry solder in the monitor. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yea what he said, well my monitor was sweet sailin till the cable in the back on all twiested n ****, so i spliced the sucka, and fixed the wires, and i have no more clicking sounds as you say, umm i had two 12's pioneers about 1 foot away from my monitor so i dont think the z560 was a problem, btw my monitor is MGC baby woo hoo

Comment

Working...
      X