PDA

View Full Version : EP-8KHA+ Owners

RDR
12-07-2001, 10:19 PM
http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79836

check out this thread for some helpful info on the 8KHA+, as well as some links to beta bios files and some Nov. release bios files

Darthtanion
12-08-2001, 12:35 AM
Damn... won't load. I'll try tonight from my home system to see if it works from there. :(

Mr. C
12-08-2001, 12:44 AM
I believe it is an exact duplicate of the information at http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11030

Maybe you'll have better luck with that one Darthtanion:angel:

Darthtanion
12-08-2001, 01:16 AM
Got it now. Thanks. (Home for lunch)
Looks like a lot of info. I'll have to read through it and see what I can play with. :D

Bahamut Zer0
12-08-2001, 05:44 AM
Man, thats alotta info to take in.

Still, pumping this board of performance is a pleasure.

Darthtanion
12-08-2001, 06:22 AM
LOL
Yeah, but you can bet that I'll be reading it. Just the little that I've played with this board so far tells me that it is wicked. If I can get some more out of it (which I know I can :D ), then I'm going to go for the gusto.

I had the link for the teccentral.de site, but the other ones are new to me. Time to get busy! ;)

Bahamut Zer0
12-08-2001, 07:37 AM
w00t!

FINALLY got rid of the IRQ issue(s) with XP.
I always wondered what that INT Pin Assignment setting in the BIOS did....

Now all I gotta do is get my DVD & Burner using UDMA instead of Multiword DMA Type 2. Easier said than done

Nick
12-08-2001, 09:02 AM
My 8KHA+ was dead on arrival :D
st00pid scorptech

Darthtanion
12-08-2001, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear that Nick. It's an awesome board!

Nick
12-09-2001, 04:52 AM
Hehe they will send me a new one back when they work out they are idiots. Meanwhile i bought the Soltek one (forget its name) and it rules. IT believes that my XP will run happily at 150 FSB, although i havnt tried yet, and im going away for 4 weeks today

If it will run at 150 stuff the 8kha+ :)

Nick
12-09-2001, 04:55 AM
Tom at Tomhardware seems to think it rules for O/C anyway.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q4/011126/kt266a_nforce-23.html

Darthtanion
12-09-2001, 06:12 AM
If it will run at 150 stuff the 8kha+ :)

150 would make you happy? Then I guess that I'll not let you in on the new beta BIOS that has the newest 3/4 PCI multiplier then...huh?

To give you a teaser, there are a couple of sites that have it (me too...just haven't tested it yet) and have been getting results far in excess of 200MHz FSB speeds.

RDR
12-09-2001, 06:16 AM
I would return any MB that wouldn't run at 150FSB

my 1st 8KHA was stable at a 165 FSB & that was w/the orig. KT266 chipset

I can't wait to see what my new 8KHA+ wil do :D :D

Nick
12-09-2001, 06:35 AM
150 will do me. Im going to do more o/c of my ti200 than the fsb

Nick
12-09-2001, 06:35 AM
I spose ill pull my computer apart again when i get a new 8kha+ and see what it will do :D

JealousMidget
12-09-2001, 07:20 AM
Must ... not ...buy... another motherboard... :rolleyes:

You guys sound like you are having way too much fun. Enjoy!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Wiggo
12-09-2001, 08:35 AM
Some boys in Tiawain decided to try that new BIOS and came up with this. :eek:

Nick
12-09-2001, 08:41 AM
Holy......

JealousMidget
12-09-2001, 09:02 AM
When you start juicing the FSB like that, is there any chance of damaging peripherals? :eek: :eek:

Wiggo
12-09-2001, 10:40 AM
Just use good ones. ;)
<center>http://members.optushome.com.au/wiggo100/beerchug.gif</center>

Darthtanion
12-09-2001, 11:51 AM
When you start juicing the FSB like that, is there any chance of damaging peripherals? :eek: :eek:

Not likely. When you get the speeds so high that your peripherals start to revolt on you, then it will just give you some weird graphical glitches, lock up for no reason (a lot), or fail to load Windows.

Bahamut Zer0
12-11-2001, 09:30 AM
What BIOS revision do you peeps have?

L or N+ ?

(Look on your bios chip, its handwritten)

Mines the N+

Apparantly the L had some 'issues' with a few things...

RDR
12-11-2001, 07:14 PM
My first 8KHA had an L and it ran great - until the bios chip fried itself - my second 8KHA had an L & it definately had "issues" - although I was hesitant to blame it on the MB since I had swapped the CPU, PS & video card at the same time - although it was rock solid in all apps. as long as all clocks and volts were at default - but where's the fun in that

my new 8KHA+ has an N+ - and it does everything I ask of it and more :D

Mr. C
12-11-2001, 07:21 PM
Yessir! when it comes to hardware "the devil is in the details" that's for sure:devil:

Darthtanion
12-12-2001, 03:38 AM
I'll check when I change out motherboards, probably within a week. Gonna be testing a new Gigabyte board so I'll check the BIOS chip on the EPoX when I have it out.

Wiggo
12-13-2001, 11:48 AM
And just when ya think that things have quietened down someone comes along and does this. :cackle:

Darthtanion
12-14-2001, 04:31 AM
Quick question...

Are there any issues with this board requiring registered memory if all of the memory slots are used? I'm at work, and the EPoX site doesn't have an online manual listed for this board... just the older non "+" model.

Thanks

Wiggo
12-14-2001, 08:18 AM
Havn't heard of any Darth but a few sites did load up all slots with different density sticks when it was 1st released with no probs. ;)
<center>http://members.optushome.com.au/wiggo100/beerchug.gif</center>

Lava Lamp Freak
08-10-2002, 11:21 AM
I'm a new owner and hope to be a happy owner. So far I've got off to a few glitches but I don't think the board is bad. The main problem is that when I change the JCK1 jumper from the default 1-2(100MHz) to 2-3(133MHz) the computer isn't stable. Windows XP will not boot from CD or HD, it gives file errors, says file are missing and corrupt. I read the forum at AMDForums.com with all of the links to bios updates and frankly, this just scares me. I'm a new computer builder, previously I'd just waisted money on over the counter crap. Can someone phrase some of this stuff in English, just point out important BIOS updates that might help fix my problem. Also, I have the issue I've seen posted on other sites, the keyboard num lock stays on after power off. It seems to have something to do with the ACPI function. Also, my power light won't work on my case, I wonder if that has something to do with the ACPI. Is everyone using this or is it something that causes problem? Wow I've made a long post, lots of questions. I hope to shoot some of them down over the next few days and have my computer running like a champ. :shoot3:

Wiggo
08-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Ya power light just maybe that you have it hooked up backwards. ;)
Have you got your memory setup to run at +33MHz over the FSB in the BIOS? :?:
<center>:cheers:</center>

Lava Lamp Freak
08-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Ya power light just maybe that you have it hooked up backwards. ;)
Have you got your memory setup to run at +33MHz over the FSB in the BIOS? :?:

I've reversed polarity of the LED and still won't work. I emailed Ahanix and the guy told me to try that and if it still doesn't work they'll send me a replacement LED.

Just tried it again. Still have the same problem with the FSB. I changed the jumper on the motherboard and settings in the BIOS and rebooted and entered BIOS. It showed "Current FSB Frequency 133MHz" and "Current DRAM Frequency 133MHz". It won't go past the POST screen. First time it just went black and never did anything. Next time it gave an error with all kind of hex numbers and weird looking code. So, I set back the jumpers on the motherboard and went back into BIOS to make sure it was set to 100MHz and it was. Works fine in 100 but still not in 133.

Wiggo
08-10-2002, 02:44 PM
Have ya tried reseating your memory again? :?:
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Lava Lamp Freak
08-11-2002, 05:59 AM
I called Multiwave tech support. I was walked through flashing the bios to version 2529. I told him the problem and he walked me through changes in the bios. It seemed that the CPU would run fine at 133FSB but the memory would only run at 100. But, after talking to him the computer was not stable at 133. Explorer wouldn't load websites without crashing with a send report to Microsoft error. Then, I got a blue screen with a system error. So, I'm back to 100FSB again. The MWave tech thought it looked like a problem with the motherboard and said that if the Epox support couldn't help me then they would replace the board.

Lava Lamp Freak
08-11-2002, 09:51 AM
There is definately something wrong with the MB. I tried one more time just to see if I could get it working. I changed the jumper to 2-3 and all I got was a bunch of colored garbled text on the screen after rebooting. Rebooted and went into bios and the computer froze. So, I changed it and rebooted and all was fine. Also, every time I chang the jumper and reboot it forgets my bios boot settings, changes 'em back to the default.

Unless someone has some ideas on what my problem might be, I'm gonna call Mwave Monday and have this board replaced.

Wiggo
08-11-2002, 10:49 AM
It just maybe that you did get a rare dud board. Doesn't happen much but it does sadly still happen. :cry:

Darthtanion
08-11-2002, 11:53 AM
True... it is rare, but occassionally it does occur that you get a bad component. But as long as a company is willing to take responsibility for it and replace it, then I don't think too badly of them. The board IS a good motherboard, though. I have been using it for a good while now and it has been a mountain of stability and performance in my system. :)