X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Savior...?

http://direct.mwave.com/mwave/doc/a12574.html

anyone seen this before?

appearantly you can remove the bios chip from your MB insert this "bios savior" into the socket - reinstall the bios chip into the "savior" and basically you now have 2 bios chips and the ability to switch between them.

takes some of the risk out of using beta/modded bios files

Yeah I 1st saw it around the beginin' of the year so it's been around a while so it can't be to bad and there was a review on it that I had read (about 2 months ago now) that purposely corrupted the BIOS flash and restored it. :smokin:
    <center></center>

Comment

I once hot swapped the BIOS chip from another motherboard to be able to boot and flash my bios chip [which was hosed because I tripped a circuit breaker with too many things plugged into one outlet].

basically i borrowed a friends BIOS chip to fix mine.. and hot swapped the chips after booting off a floppy to an A:\> prompt..

then ran the flash update on bad bad chip..:wave:

Comment

Yeah, been a while since I looked, but the BIOS Savior was pretty reasonably priced. Good insurance if your prone to a lot of BIOS testing.

And quicker than getting a chip from a friend, though DigitalDD's method is a good alternative.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
        X