PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Best C2Duo SLIx16 Motherboard?

xaglx
01-20-2007, 04:11 PM
So, I won two new 7600gts from tweaktown. I currently have one on my gigabyte ga-965G-ds3. The one game I've tried using my new system - dawn of war, looks amazing to me. But now I want more. I'm thinking SLI. If I were to sell my mobo and get another for the purpose of sli, what's a good pick?

AMDATHLONFX
01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
So, I won two new 7600gts from tweaktown. I currently have one on my gigabyte ga-965G-ds3. The one game I've tried using my new system - dawn of war, looks amazing to me. But now I want more. I'm thinking SLI. If I were to sell my mobo and get another for the purpose of sli, what's a good pick?

If u r thinking about 680i SLI boards these boards should be in ur list.Asus
Striker Extreme is the best in many reviews.

1.Asus Striker Extreme (Best)

2.EVGA 680i SLI

3.Abit IN9 32X-MAX &

4. ECS PN2-SLI2 Extreme

680i SLI chipset motherboards support three PCI-Express graphics cards with two in SLI mode.

U can check this review of 680i :-

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/12/21/680i-motherboard-comparison/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
U can also go for the 590i SLI boards which r relatively cheaper than the 680i boards.

The best boards are :-
------------------------------------------------
1.P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP

2. ECS PN1 SLI2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

casecutter
01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
ASUS = WAY WAY WAY overpriced and TERRIBLE support. They are slow to release bios and the new releases almost always fail to do much if anything.

EVGA 680i is the best choice for the money. Period.

AMDATHLONFX
01-21-2007, 12:07 AM
ASUS = WAY WAY WAY overpriced and TERRIBLE support. They are slow to release bios and the new releases almost always fail to do much if anything.

EVGA 680i is the best choice for the money. Period.

Ya, EVGA 680i is the ideal choice if money is concerned.