Asus G4 V8460 Ultra Woes:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus G4 V8460 Ultra Woes:(

I just recently purchased this beast and I have tried several Nvidia ref. drivers with no luck so far at getting the vsync to turn off. I have used the reg. file to allow the vsync to be turned off.
    BUT!!
    Here is what happens, it has a spot to allow you to turn it off in the Advanced properties ( just like any Nvidia based card)
    But it doesnt stay off after apply.
    I can go back and recheck it a a million times, It just doesnt want to stick .
    Whats the deal here?
    I know its not turned off either, In game play FPS stay steady
    I'm now using the 28.32 ref. drivers, I have tried all the newer ones and get the same thing.
    is there a new reg. file or tweak that can be added here?
    Anyone know?

Download and install the GeForce Tweak Utility and that will fix it plus many other things. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 28.32 drivers are WHQL certified, which means that Direct3D VSync can't be changed? :?:

This is to gain Microsoft's certification apparantly :confused:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah those WHQL drivers really suck for tweakin' but then that's why programs like GeForce Tweak Utility, nVHardPage, Riva Tuner and others come in handy and try to leave the WHQL versions alone if ya can. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 28.32 drivers are WHQL certified, which means that Direct3D VSync can't be changed? :?:

This is to gain Microsoft's certification apparantly :confused:
          It may vary with different video cards, but i was able to successfully disable VSync with 28.32's on my Geforce2 mx400.

But I don't uses them anymore, the performance for the 28.32's isn't on par with other beta drivers anyway, so there's no point using them, unless you have too..

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting here. That Geforce tweak utility was one of the reasons I Formatted. After installing it and massing with it a tad,things went South.
            It could have very well been something I changed in it, but at any rate I got the blue screen of death with a very strange message about my hd being corrupted. ( I knew better then that)

Can you suggest a Driver that is compatible with the GF4?
            and tweakable?
            Thanks for the help guys:)

Comment

Working...
            X