router or switch I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• router or switch I need help!

I have a house that has two computers. Both are used for internet surfing and gaming. Both are being used at at the same time almost always. We are using a Lynksys router now that is only capable of 10/100. my newest computer will have a gigabyte (10/100/1000) lan and I need to upgrade my router (or should I go with a switch) without breaking the bank, to meet the needs of my new computer. I dont have any use for wifi (both computers are wired) I have very little knowledge on this subject so I was hoping for a little feedback. THANK YOU

Re: router or switch I need help!

Prolly not much point in changing out your current router unless you have Gigabit lan on both of your computers. Gigabit is great for gaming and shareing files if the systems are connected locally. You will not increase your internet connection speed just because you have a faster NIC.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
    X