Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 Rev 3.3 Motherboard - Native 1333MHz FSB and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 Rev 3.3 Motherboard - Native 1333MHz FSB and more

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 Rev 3.3 Motherboard - Native 1333MHz FSB and more"

Re: Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 Rev 3.3 Motherboard - Native 1333MHz FSB and more

Hello,
    I was very interested to read your review of the new Gigabyte DQ6 rev.3.3 motherboard to see exactly how it compares/differs to the original DQ6.

However, there seems to be an oversight in the review concerning the features of the revision 3.3 board.
    On page 4 it states the following.........
    This is where the original DQ6 and the revision 3.3 differ. While both boards have twin 6 phase voltage regulators for the CPU (total of 12 phases), the original DQ6 used electrolyte capacitors - the DQ6 Rev 3.3 uses all solid capacitors.
    This in fact is incorrect as the original DQ6 also has all solid capacitors and not electrolyte as stated in the review.
    DQ6 rev. 1.0 specs.........http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Mot...me=GA-965P-DQ6

For the sake of your readers I wanted to point this out to you so that this oversight in the review can be corrected, otherwise I thought it was an excellent in depth review..
    Thankyou.
    Last edited by Darkoz; 02-11-2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Would love to see a Kentsfield and a Crossfire 1950xtx setup on this board

Comment

According to this interview with Rockson Chiang, Technical Marketing Manager of Gigabyte United Inc., there will be no price difference between rev.3.3 and the older revision boards. Read up, here's a link: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4507

Comment

I have the same PC specs as the review article with the addition of 4 gigs of Corsair XMS1066 ram and Vista Ultimate. My DQ 6 V3.3 will not allow me to run the ram at 1066 regardless of DRAM voltage settings, clock timings, etc. Can someone tell me the BIOS settings on this MB that will allow me to run the RAM at 1066?

Comment

Originally posted by jbjsm View Post
            I have the same PC specs as the review article with the addition of 4 gigs of Corsair XMS1066 ram and Vista Ultimate. My DQ 6 V3.3 will not allow me to run the ram at 1066 regardless of DRAM voltage settings, clock timings, etc. Can someone tell me the BIOS settings on this MB that will allow me to run the RAM at 1066?
            Sadly I have the same problem. If anyone does find a solution it would be nice to post it here so that others find it via Google.

Comment

What settings are you using as of now and I will see if I can point you in the right direction to run 1066?

Just a template I use to ask people there settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
              CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
              CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
              CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
              PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
              C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
              System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
              DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
              Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
              Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
              Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
              Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
              ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
              Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
              Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
              Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
              Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
              Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
              Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
              DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
              PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
              FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
              (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
              CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Also, please feel your NB most all 965's get VERY HOT which is likely your issue if you cannot touch it for more then 10 seconds when running a stress test then it too hot, you may need a fan on it or a different NB cooler. I used Thermaltake Extreme Spirit on my GA-965P board and it worked great and helped alot
              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-30-2008, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X