76c ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76c ???????

I just booted up a new Tyan Thunder K7X w/ dual XP1600's and Swiftech MCXC370's/38cfm Delta's

the Bios reports the CPU temps as 76C for both CPU's :eek:

I just can't see it being true.....I'm positive the coolers are installed correctly.

the MB uses the award bios like Asus...could it be reported an inflated temp? even 56C would seem rediculously high with those coolers

there doesn't seem to be any instability - so I'm assuming that 76C isn't correct...the heat sinks do get warm to the touch so I know they're conducting heat from the CPU's

Any ideas?

After letting it sit for half an hour it now says 42 & 46C for the CPU temps...still higher than I would expect with swiftech coolers but better than 76C & 76C :confused:

Comment

Well, i'd say it's reporting dodgy temps....because the CPU wouldn't even be running if it was really 76°C...Do you know anyone else with a Tyan Thunder mobo ?

Comment

Sounds like the temperature sensors are a little flaky..... are they reporting the internal diode temperature of the Athlon MP's or does the Tyan board use an external sensor chip? :?:

Maybe a BIOS update will fix things? It did with my Shuttle AV40R - just an idea ;)
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

well if you wanto be sure about your temps u can always get a digidoc 5 and stick a probe next to your contact patch on each of your cpu's....make sure it's just touching the side, not actually on it otherwise you really will 76 degrees or more:cheers:

Comment

I want a digidoc....but they're alittle too expensive :D

Comment

u'd be better off spending that money on hardware upgrades:D

Comment

Working...
              X