P35 chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35 chipset

So what happens to us that have got a Striker Extreme or similar boards with the 680i chipset? Even though Intel is my cpu of choice an outlay of this magintude can get really pricey.....especially when there is 4 ghz of PC 8500 involved as well...... Replies welcome.

Re: P35 chipset

Originally posted by hcriii View Post
    So what happens to us that have got a Striker Extreme or similar boards with the 680i chipset? Even though Intel is my cpu of choice an outlay of this magintude can get really pricey.....especially when there is 4 ghz of PC 8500 involved as well...... Replies welcome.
    What does a P35 chipset have to do with a 680i chipset?

Comment

Actually, I think it is hilarious that someone would actually buy such an overpriced motherboard, and then buy even more overpriced ram. Unless you are editing streaming video or doing major cad/cam or other engineering type work on a PC, 4GB is not needed. In fact, if you're not running a 64-bit OS 4GB of ram is a HUGE waste of money.

One tip hcriii, don't buy the latest and greatest most expensive hardware. That way when it is outdated in 6 months, you won't need to complain.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Casecutter I agree with u for the most part but there are some components which are exemptions. Nothing wrong with buying a top HDD like for eg WD Raptor, top PSU such as Corsair 620HX, cases or sound cards because the development cycle of these components is much slower. I bought my Raptors last year & they are still top of the food chain. You can buy these once & be relatively safe in the assumption there isnt anything better on the horizon anytime soon. You will never get me to waste $ on a top CPU or stick of overclocked RAM though.

Comment

I believe Spongebob was referring more to the motherboard....as it's quite overpriced compared to the motherboard one step down from it. The striker is an enthusiast board...the hard core enthusiast doesn't care about money, they just want the fastest thing out..as soon as it comes out.

Comment

The Striker is a very over priced over hyped motherboard that is really nothing special to warrant the high price tag.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

my friend grabbed this mobo for $104,its p35,solid cap design and screams to 480+fsb with 0 tweaks...not bad for $100.

BIOSTAR TForce TP35D2-A7 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

dont belive me,read the link below.

"I can boot cold 7x500, but by the time I get into Windows, and reboot, it will only POST around 485-490!" lol only 490fsb...

heres my mobo,identical layout only using the 965 chip replaced by the p35..

i have currently mine(biostar965pt)with e6600 at 360fsbx9 multi(3.24ghz) running complete stock voltage 1.34vcore,1.2v northbridge,2.0 volts to my 4 gigs of ram

these guys got 500-581 fsb on my same board...biostar run REAL good at 1\2 the price.yes there using extreme cooling but showing the board can do amazing hi fsb if thats your thing.

few pics of my new pc

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

and matm347-
              "The striker is an enthusiast board...the hard core enthusiast doesn't care about money, they just want the fastest thing out..as soon as it comes out."

your right %100
              Last edited by bf2nut; 07-26-2007, 11:16 PM.
              Stacker830 Watercooled
              windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
              Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
              8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
              Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
              13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
              (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
              biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
              xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
              sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
              co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
              Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
              Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Working...
              X