Diablo 3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 3??

I've heard whispering in the trees that there will soon be a sequel to the famous diablo series, so has anybody heard about this?? If so, do you know any sites about it?? (tip: apparently blizzards not in charge of this release)

:smokin:

I've head nothing but I haven't been listening either
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Soz but over to Gaming. :smokin:

Comment

Good god I hope not.
        (diablo3 that is)

Blizzard north are still working on Diablo2x from what I hear.

Comment

whatcha mean Diablo2x ????...an expansion pack has already been released :confused:

Unless they're gonna try and flog a second expansion pack or something...hell, there's not much left that they can add :rolleyes2

Comment

No I mean more bnet enhancements and the occasional gameplay fix. So in a way- yes. Another d2 expansion.

specifically- the 1.10 patch. It adds new chars to ladder play. These chars can ONLY be played in ladder play, and EVERYONE will have to start afresh. Everyone will be a newbie, so no unfair advantages and the other crap that usually goes on in the realms.
            more info o'er here:
            Icy Veins provides detailed builds, guides, and news for Diablo 2 Resurrected for all classes: amazon, assassin, barbaria, druid, necromancer, paladin, sorceress.

personally, nuke the entire realm and start again.
            hell- dont even start again.

...but- thats not for everyone.
            I hate d2 as much as I hate q3a.
            both got ****ty gameplay, both got ****ty game engines.
            come to think of it- both got ****ty developers.
            I learn something new everyday....

Comment

Well, I'm sure that there'll be a D3... too much money could be made for Blizzard to ignore it.

Not that it's a bad thing - I'm a (currently passive) D2 fan :).

Comment

same her osiris :p

but it better be done properly this time....not extremely laggy like d2/d2x....:mad: :mad:

Comment

Bahamut Zer0, q3a has a ****ty engine, and made by a ****ty developer? err...big call there mate. i dont wanna start an argument. u're intitled to ur own opinion, but they (id) cant be doin too bad a job, considerin all the success they've had, and the q3a engine(and the other quake x engines) cant be too bad either, considering they're probably the most used engines in existance..(the q3a engine isnt just used for games either):)

Comment

Just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean you can knock the actual engine, the engine in itself is actually quite good, it just depends how u use it....

:smokin:

Comment

OK. First- you need to be aware that game developers such as Raven heavily modify the q3a engine and add their own code to it.

If they didnt- it would be IMPOSSIBLE to have the games we have today built from the stock q3a engine simply because the stock q3a engine is pathetic.

Examples- Medal of Honor and Jedi knight 2.
                      The Developers did massive engine upgrades to get these games looking and performing as well as they do. Remember Soldier of Fortune? Remember how it used the GHOUL engine to render what seemed impossible to render in the Quake2 engine?
                      Thats what im talking about.
                      Stock q3a engine-crap. IMO of course, and im entitled to it.
                      q3a engine with improvements- awesome.

Despite my hatred for q3a/ID software, I thougoughly enjoy(ed) the games out there based on its engine.

A quick rundown of what Soldier of Fortune will include.
                      Quake III: Team Arena Engine Enhanced With:
                      - GHOUL 2 Rendering System
                      - TORR Terrain System
                      - LICH AI System
                      - ICARUS2 Scripting System
                      - Dynamic Sound and Music System

So sure- the q3a engine is good to build from, but theres alot of needless time wasting going on if ID would stop being so anal and support some features by default. (sound technologies, lighting and other things)

Comment

Hmmmm... I wouldn't say the Q3A engine is crap, personally... what do you think of id's work with the Doom 3 engine?

Comment

From a tech point of view- pretty awesome if they do actually pull it off and support the technology that is out there. (and keep supporting it/new technologies)

Unlike with q3a where that wanker carmack refused to include eax support because 'its a gimmick we can do without'. Problem with that twerp is that he wants to dictate what technology is and isnt used and it dont work that way. You support what is out there and dont be a friggen wanker. (read- the ppl that left ID because of the Doom3 project)

From a gaming point of view- itll be lacking in every way for sure. They havnt pulled a game out of their asses since quake.
                          By game i mean game.
                          as in- entertaining, challenging, story, goals, skill involvement etc.

Comment

yea i agree with what u're sayin, but i'm just sayin, it cant be too bad if its one of the most used engines around. albeit heavily modified each time..
                            Q3a did what id wanted it to do..and what many fans wanted.
                            It got many 90%+ reviews. i dont think it would have achieved this if it was a bad game. or if it wasnt at least entertaining. you could probably now say that it doesnt have some of your other qualities that you mentioned....ie. its not challenging, ****/no story and ****/no goals. well. being a MP game, you cant really blame them for skimping on those aspects. And with Skill involvement, well i guess all you gotta do is point and click, but once again, thats what makes it soo accessible to soo many ppl. first time players can grab the controls and get a few frags, unlike some of the newer games, where they wouldnt have a chance. It was meant to be a fast paced, full on game. and by utilizing the simple control method, simple weapons, and "no skill needed" game play, it achieves this. Some ppl just wanna jump into a game, get a few frags, and just tune out, without having to learn all the ins and outs of every weapon, every control, every feature..basically just jump in without having to think. that's what the game was designed for. and it achieves this

bah. i dont even know why i'm defending it. its just a game! lol. and one that i dont even play anymore. so who cares?

Comment

Personally....I prefer the unreal engine, much easier for modding/mapping IMO. But then again, I haven't had that much experience with the q3a engine whereas I have with the Unreal engine, maybe i'm just being bias :D

Comment

Working...
                              X