I need a new psu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new psu?

my 5v voltage is quite low....4.7-4.8...and i'm using an elcheapo 300W psu....i think i'll get a topower soon...:afro:

i think my psu mite be limiting my o/c on my ti4600...if i put either ram or core any higher it crashes witihn 15 minutes...without any artifacts...and 320/735 is quite a low o/c for a leadtek...and it definantely isn';t heat as i have applied arctic silver on my ram and core and checked taht it makes good contact...and i have 108cfm sunon blowing on it...and after use the hsf doesn;t feel particularly hot...so it seems perhaps my psu can't provide enuf clean power to my video card at the required wattage/voltage wen i o/c a bit more...unless my card is just a very unlucky one...
    any ideas/comments? :afro:

It's been going around that leadtek have been sending special versions of their Vidio cards in for reviews, when I say special, I just mean Vidio cards that overclock more then the same one you would buy from a shop. I'm not too sure about this and I tend to think that it's just luck rather then leadtek being cheap, because they do generally have good track record...

I don't think that a new PSU will make any difference in your overclock....however, it's probably a good investment anyway, concidering all your power sucking fans and hardware. And you never know, it end up making a difference with your overclocking...

By the way....4.7v - 4.8v isn't very low for a 5v line...as a general rule of thumb, if it's running between + or - 5% of the rated voltage, eg. (4.5v - 5.5v) you should be fine...:D

Comment

ummm, might want to check that math daedalus.
      a variation of 5% would amount to 4.75V - 5.25V. Which still leaves your system within tolerances chisholm.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

hmmm, I wonder why my 12volt line is running at 12.47 at times.... but mostly 12.34

Would this be good or bad?

Comment

I truly wouldn't sweat it.
          12 x .05 = .6 so you look real good there in my opinion.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

lol deadulus ur maths is about as bad as mine...
            altohugh the wierd thing is my 12v voltage is unusually high....12.8-13.1....does this also point to psu failure?
            yea i know engnerring sample leadteks o/c better...but based on what results most ppl get with retail leadtek's i'd say mine is unusually low:thumbs do

Comment

Wattage would be the prob if any as the voltage is ok. :smokin:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                ummm, might want to check that math daedalus.
                a variation of 5% would amount to 4.75V - 5.25V. Which still leaves your system within tolerances chisholm.
                Woops...

Comment

hmmm so basically i guess my psu probably isn't limiting my o/c but it would be a good investment anyway?mmm topower 420W dula venting....:cheers:

Comment

A very good choice there as that's what I acquired to be able to run the 1.2C Athy on its PSU picky ECS K7S5A motherboard. With a combined total wattage of 220w across both the 3.3 & 5 volt rails makes it extremely good for heavy loads. :thumb:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea go topower! it's basically the same quality as enermax...but much cheaper and without the annoying tangly 1metre long power cords:afro:

Comment

Working...
                      X