PDA

View Full Version : A Suspicious Script

Carrym
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
My PC is attacked by a Suspicious Script called "NTDETECT.exe" which is harming my PC's parformences. It's symtom is when i double click on my disk drives to open then cz of this script drives dont open. Instead my virus guard notify me about this script. It also denies me to unplug any removable drive. Can anybody tell me how I could get rid of this without formatting my HDD.
I would be grateful.

PrairieDawg
03-22-2007, 02:41 AM
ntdetect.exe is most likely a trojan (did a real quick lookup with google). My first move if your virus program will not remove this thing would probably be to try A- Squared: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Kheldar
03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
since you've got a brand new HD - personally I'd reinstall windows - since its a trojan - you don't know what damage its done to your system

Yawgm0th
03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Manual virus removal is not a simple procedure and is no recommended for the uninitiated. As Kheldar said, since you've got a trojan, you'd be safest reinstalling anyway. Good trojans have the nasty habbit of installing too many methods of self-replication for removal to be feasible.

Kheldar
03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Good trojans

didn't know there where any :smokindev

Yawgm0th
03-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Let's leave the wise-ass comments to those of us still in our teens. ;)