PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV trailer talk

Nza
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, as I'm sure everybody knows, the first trailer for GTA IV has been released:

http://gaming.tweaktown.com/news/130/gta_iv_trailer_is_out/index.html

To be honest, I was a little disappointed. The game looks great and I think coming back to NYC is a good move, but where was the action? Would have been nice to see some shooting or explosions or something. Still, I can't wait until October :)

Anyway, I think this has a chance to be the most hyped game in history as it basically killed the Internet when it was released.

casecutter
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
That looks sweet. Instead of calling it a trailer, it should be called a teaser.

Nza
03-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah good point, it definitely teases more than anything else :)

04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Hmmm.....

I'm a big fan of the GTA series and I really can't wait until this one comes out. I really like the graphic realism and the attention to detail. Things have really come a long way sinc III. I can't help but notice that it sounds like this will be a mafia centered game.

I've played III, VC, and SA. My favorite would probably be VC with the reason simply being that I really like the map. It isn't cluttered and isn't huge or too small. Every time I play SA, I get lost in that giant map and I can't remember which section of the city I'm in.

The Ultimate VC mod was fantastic. It really added a lot of modern updates to the game and made it more interesting.

As for SA, I finally gave up. I lost interest and it wasn't fun any more. I did find one mod in particular that I really liked. It allowed you to dual wield any gun except the really big weapons (rocket launcher, heat seaker, chain saw, and the gatt gun).

Anyone else play these?

Nza
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I've played all the GTA's pretty extensively back to the original. I played everything from GTA3 to SA on the PC with II and I on the PSX.

At the time, I probably enjoyed GTA3 more than the others, it was a pretty big leap back then from GTA2. Although I did really enjoy the GTA VC MP mod on the PC allowing you to go online (even if it was buggy and pretty plain). SA was alright but I too didn't enjoy it as much really - probably because by SA the game was starting to wear a little thin. GTA4 can't get here sooner :)

Nza
04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
By the way, if anyone hasn't downloaded the trailer yet, we have a belated mirror up:

http://gaming.tweaktown.com/news/135/gta_iv_trailer_from_ttgamer/index.html

04-04-2007, 07:02 AM
My biggest complaint about the GTA series is the pricing. I believe it started out at about $60. That's ridiculus! I'll never pay that much when it comes out new. I waited a good six months for the price to come down to about $25 and then I bought it.