GTA IV trailer talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA IV trailer talk

Well, as I'm sure everybody knows, the first trailer for GTA IV has been released:

http://gaming.tweaktown.com/news/130...out/index.html

To be honest, I was a little disappointed. The game looks great and I think coming back to NYC is a good move, but where was the action? Would have been nice to see some shooting or explosions or something. Still, I can't wait until October :)

Anyway, I think this has a chance to be the most hyped game in history as it basically killed the Internet when it was released.

Re: GTA IV trailer talk

That looks sweet. Instead of calling it a trailer, it should be called a teaser.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Yeah good point, it definitely teases more than anything else :)

Comment

Hmmm.....

I'm a big fan of the GTA series and I really can't wait until this one comes out. I really like the graphic realism and the attention to detail. Things have really come a long way sinc III. I can't help but notice that it sounds like this will be a mafia centered game.

I've played III, VC, and SA. My favorite would probably be VC with the reason simply being that I really like the map. It isn't cluttered and isn't huge or too small. Every time I play SA, I get lost in that giant map and I can't remember which section of the city I'm in.

The Ultimate VC mod was fantastic. It really added a lot of modern updates to the game and made it more interesting.

As for SA, I finally gave up. I lost interest and it wasn't fun any more. I did find one mod in particular that I really liked. It allowed you to dual wield any gun except the really big weapons (rocket launcher, heat seaker, chain saw, and the gatt gun).

Anyone else play these?

Comment

I've played all the GTA's pretty extensively back to the original. I played everything from GTA3 to SA on the PC with II and I on the PSX.

At the time, I probably enjoyed GTA3 more than the others, it was a pretty big leap back then from GTA2. Although I did really enjoy the GTA VC MP mod on the PC allowing you to go online (even if it was buggy and pretty plain). SA was alright but I too didn't enjoy it as much really - probably because by SA the game was starting to wear a little thin. GTA4 can't get here sooner :)

Comment

By the way, if anyone hasn't downloaded the trailer yet, we have a belated mirror up:

http://gaming.tweaktown.com/news/135...mer/index.html

Comment

My biggest complaint about the GTA series is the pricing. I believe it started out at about $60. That's ridiculus! I'll never pay that much when it comes out new. I waited a good six months for the price to come down to about $25 and then I bought it.

Comment

Working...
              X