Thermaltake Smart Case Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake Smart Case Fan

Hello there! I have a question on the Thermaltake Smart Case Fan (P/N A1214)

i have 2 of them but my case has never got over 28. but they do speed up a fair bit when under load

Comment

This is basically the same fan that was mounted onto the original Volcano 7 HSF. I didn't care for the fact that the fan itself decides what is a reasonable speed to run at. I have found that I normally have a different idea as to what is a good speed, and the fan has another plan in mind. I personally stay away from fans that have a mind of their own (or in this case, a thermal diode). If you want to be able to adjust the fan speeds, then get yourself a Rheo-Bus, or build one yourself. You'll end up with better results in the end. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I agree with Darth...a fan is a fan...just run is all ask for it...run at full potential...i don't my system temp to heat up to have it cooled down after. I just got me some fast cheap fans that cost me 6 bucks and that seems to be doing quite well. Unless you are about the silence when it comes to fans. That another story ..i like the constant speed fans....they run at a consistant rate at all time don't have to wait till the system heats up...:) (my two cents)
        - Damien

Comment

If ya want quiet then the 12/7volt switch mod is easy and diagrams can be found here http://www.fanbus.com/thelab/Schemat...schematics.htm on which setup would suit ya. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea i like to be in full control of my fans:D

Comment

Nothing could be worse when ya hit that specific temp when they can't make up their mind and keep speedin' up then slowin' down continually. :eek:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

You could always use the smart case fan II, it has a sensor OR a manual ajustment.

Comment

hmm taht's ok....oh yea btw my antec PSU has an automatic fan adjust function...anyone know how to bypas this so i can have teh fans at full blast constantly?:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                  X