Dell Latitude D820 business notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Latitude D820 business notebook

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Dell Latitude D820 business notebook"

Re: Dell Latitude D820 business notebook

Although I am not conversant with the technical aspects of computers, this review was very well-written and easily understandable to an ordinary person (such as myself). I have never done business with Dell before; but, this review tickled my curiosity about the Dell brand and this particular laptop. Kudos to Leon Poortvliet for writing a review that was not only informative; but, also, enjoyable reading.

Comment

Re: Dell Latitude D820 business notebook

I am the hardware purchaser for a small software company, 30 employees. Since May 2006 I have purchased 12 Dell laptops, 10 Latitudes and 2 Precisions. None of them have been trouble free. The Latitudes are all D820s except the newest which is a D830. The two Precisions are M65s. All systems have NFIDIA Quadro graphics except the D830 which has the Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. The Precisions have NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M 512MB Turbocache, OpenGL. The other Latitudes have NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M 256MB TurboCache or 120M 512MB TurboCache. All systems have Intel Core 2 Duo processors with 2GB RAM. All systems run on XP Professional. One system had to be reformatted and XP Professional reloaded almost right out of the box. All except the D830 have weird graphics problems. Some of our user interfaces don't display right on the Dell systems while Toshiba and HP laptops have no problem with the same UIs. The D830 is used by a tech writer so really whether or not that system has a display problem is unknown. We put heavy processing loads on some of these systems. One Precision user has to reformat his system monthly it gets so bogged down with services. Even after reformat and driver reload it just isn't up to the burden put on it. I bought the D830 June 2007. Since then I have bought ten HP Pavilion DV9000 series systems. All ten have Vista Business. I have had no complaints from the HP users. All UIs display properly.

Comment

Working...
      X