Liquid Nitrogen cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Nitrogen cooling

Does anyone know of any websites that have info on Liquid Nitrogen cooling ya computer?

err is that possible to do without stuffing up the system by freezing it completely ???
    Anyways i havn't but if you are interested in cooling try the water cooling.
    http://www.coolpc.com.au/senfu.html

Comment

The S.E. Asians and Japanese are the biggest propent of liquid nitrogen so they have a few sites pertaining to it though its hard on the equipment and can really only be used for short periods of time which is why 99% of them only use it to try and obtain record overclocks and benchmarks. They really don't care if a CPU and/or motherboard is only able to work once so long as it gives them bragging rights. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo's last sentance is key...

Comment

Yeh, a lot of times a vid card and PCI slots tend to screw-up when they exceed -30F.
          And if you just cool the processor, the container holding the liquid Nitrogen will frost up like nobody's business. Then you need to use some kind of evaporative procedure to keep your mobo from getting all wet. (electric heaters and hair-dryers typically)

Anyway you go, it's a whole lot of work for a system that really isn't usable in a practical sense.
          But if your goal is to play and have fun --- Then go for it!!
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

A good water cooled setup should be as far as ya really need to go anyway and that will take ya time to setup propperly. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

but if you go ahead with it give us some pics:D

Comment

any of you modders has experience with watercooling? (or Liquid Nitrogen, for that matter)

If so, tell us about it....how is it to setup, which kit did you use?
                maybe post some pics :)

:lips: mmmmmm, water cooling...maybe i'll hook that up in a couple of years when Intel releases the 10GHz on a .03-micron die :lips:

Comment

lol well to be honest i havn't had any personal experience with either...but if you're after a good watercooling setup:

for the cpu waterblock get a danger-den 2 maze
                  for pump get an einhem 240volt pump from www.below-0-.com.au
                  and for a radiator i recomend get a black-ice as it is very efficent and small

all of those components are pretti much the best you can get for a water cooling setup and they can be found relatively easily on online stores...i suggest u read a few guides first so you know wat ur doing....

hehe as for nitro cooling, it's INCREDIBLY expensive, impractical and not really worth your while if you want a computer that will last more than a few weeks..nitro is used by speed-record setting nutcases. :cheers:

Comment

A friend of mine and my self are makin a cooling unit that uses a AC unit and mineral oil. Iam making a wooden box and lining it with styrofoam. Then sealing the thing off, we still need a MB that suits our needs. We are using a T-bird 1.2 unlocked. I post some pics when we finish. should be this weekend.

Comment

Nice....i'm looking forward to the pics mate :thumb:

Comment

kool....would u mind sort of explaining how the setup works?:afro:

Comment

Re: Liquid Nitrogen cooling

im working on a High-end mineral oil pc with a ac, i had though of using Ln2 as a way of cooling the oil. here are a couple thoughts and why in my opinion ln2 is impractical:
                          ln2 is hard to obtain and hard to handle.
                          hardware must but specially fitted
                          most chips have Cold-Bugs and wont run properly in - conditions
                          ac units produce a workable temp but create condensation from the moisture in the air. the mineral oil with provide a consistent temp with no noise fans

Comment

@ OP: Here's a site with post by the top 10 record holders in extreme cooling with Dry ice/Liquid Nitrogen/Liquid Helium. Of the 3, DICE is most affordable.
                            As Wiggo said, it's mostly for bragging rights and product sponsorship. But, despite the expense and hard work, It's also a lot of fun.

I've been running 2 system on tech stations with custom water cooling for over 3 years and just recently took up Dry Ice out of boredom. I purchased a CPU DICE/Ln2 pot by Kingpin (Worlds #1 extreme OCer) and made my own NB pot. I have a DICE run planned for my T-Power I45 when my E6500K comes in from China on Sept 7th.

Here's a couple pics of my custom waterblocks by fstfrddy and IandH over @ OCN. I run both a Gigabyte UD3P/Q9550 and BioStar I45/E8500 on a single loop....3 Liter reservoir>>Vario D5/Detroit top>>dual heater cores>>Q9550>>E8500>>NB>>Mosfets>>Res. I made the res out of a poly Folgers can and $5 of fittings. I also made a
                            plexi shelf so the heater cores sit atop a vertical flow AC, which bring the ambient water to -10ºC on a good day. Average core idle = 24ºC w/22ºC ambient room/no ac.

Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Go away, jealousy.
                              Current system:
                              - Intel Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz) (7x multi, roughly 340MHz FSB)
                              - Intel DG45ID Motherboard (stupid locked BIOS >:( )
                              - 6 GB DDR2 RAM (667MHz)
                              - PNY GeForce 9500GT (750MHz Core clock, 1900MHz Shader clock, 500MHz Memory clock)
                              -585GB SATA HDD (7200RPM)

Comment

Working...
                              X