Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wi-Fi coming this summer

New Wi-Fi coming this summer

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Re: New Wi-Fi coming this summer

This has been announced for a while now. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not for the consumer market. For interoperability it is good as all draft-n products will be certified by the wi-fi alliance so they will all work together seamlessly but if there is a last minute change to the draft n before it becomes a certified standard it will mean that a lot of people may have output a lot on money to change over to the new draft n series. I don't see this happening as there have been no changes that I have been aware of to draft n in the past 6 or so months.

Comment

Re: New Wi-Fi coming this summer

Yeah, I really have to agree with Kamakazi. The N wireless series is expensive and inconsistent.

My 802.11G with Mimo and Speedbooster works fantastic; I've never had a single problem with it!

I researched this topic quite a bit last fall. I really wanted a N setup, but (at the time) the products offered seemed to be hit or really miss. I chose to sacrifice speed for reliability.

Comment

Working...
      X